Cycling Mishaps

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
Have you figured in a cycling mishap? Or do know of a mishap involving a rider?

It was one afternoon when me and my office colleagues were having a meeting in a restaurant. It has a glass window that allowed us to see the road where some vehicles were parked at the side. There were these bikers, about 5 of them, speeding and obviously having fun when one of them hit another. And as a result of that minor collision, the one hit went straight to a car.. hitting it at the fender. Before we could react, those cyclists were gone with the wind.

Ouch, distractions on the road always lead to accidents... I've had my share of mishaps, just recently I was distracted and went into a tree... :D

Yes, I've seen many things happening to and with bike riders. One very memorable incident was when I was sitting in a park one day, watching three women on their bikes all laughing and giggling in an exaggerated way, think they were stoned, approaching a line of railway tracks. They were so engaged in their personal world that they didn't pay any attention to the rocks around the tracks, and before they knew it, two of them somehow got their bikes entangled and crashed onto the rocks.
There was hauling and screaming, tears, blood and a lot of drama, drawing a large crowd. Even two ambulances arrived to attend to them.
To be honest, their injuries only looked superficial to me, and I thought that their behavior was rather silly from the start.

Dora M said:
Yes, I've seen many things happening to and with bike riders. One very memorable incident was when I was sitting in a park one day, watching three women on their bikes all laughing and giggling in an exaggerated way, think they were stoned, approaching a line of railway tracks. They were so engaged in their personal world that they didn't pay any attention to the rocks around the tracks, and before they knew it, two of them somehow got their bikes entangled and crashed onto the rocks.
There was hauling and screaming, tears, blood and a lot of drama, drawing a large crowd. Even two ambulances arrived to attend to them.
To be honest, their injuries only looked superficial to me, and I thought that their behavior was rather silly from the start.
That's a sad incident with only themselves to be blamed. This reminds me of the olden railroad track where some enterprising people use the rail for transportation. They made a makeshift cart that runs on the rail. With about 10 passengers in the cart, it moves by being pushed by 2 operators. What's funny is when the train comes, the passengers temporarily disembark and the cart is taken off the railway and put back when the train had passed. That's a neat improvisation that until now there are carts like that.

Even the injuries were superficial why did the ambulances come? I don't think those resources should be called unless it's strictly necessary.

There are those who go cycling while they are drank. Some do not obey road signs that guide road users. Other play on the road, like in your case instead of cycling. Serious cyclists do avoid such situations.

One early morning, I saw an accident on the street that was obviously the fault of the rider. The bike had run under the container van truck. Investigators said that the bike had avoided a speeding motorcycle behind him, not aware of his speed and the slowing down of the container van. It was a good thing that the rider had a helmet on and only slight injuries were sustained in that mishap. The rider said that he had glanced at the roaring motorcycle hence he lost vision of what's in front of him.

Being on the road is always risky, especially when we are on a bicycle with few protections.