Cycling/mountain biking endurance race and tour in the Himalayas

hastpa

Aug 16, 2005
Dear Sir,

I take this opportunity to introduce myself as Dhananjay (Tipu) secretary for Himalayan Adventure Sports & Tourism Promotion Association (H.A.S.T.P.A) and race director for MTB HIMACHAL 2005, a mountain biking endurance race and tour. The event is the first of its kind in the Indian Himalaya and would be flagged off from Shimla on October 6th and finish at Kullu on October 12th. October 13th is reserved for the prize distribution ceremony. The race is being organized by H.A.S.T.P.A with support and assistance by the Tourism and Youth Services and Sports Department Government of Himachal Pradesh.

MTB Himachal is primarily an endurance event. The course is 680 kms and includes the best singletracks, downhills and road sections in the Himalayas of Himachal Pradesh, the host state. The race is for 7 days and seven stages of three legs each. The organizers shall take care of all essential road crew, accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents, all meals, medical crew, transportation and beverages for the event. The participants shall have to organize their tickets for Shimla.

Any event is a success and fun because of the participants, the real heroes! We would be honored to have you and your team as riders for the first edition of MTB HIMACHAL and support our initiative to promote the sport of Mountain Biking in the Himalayas. We are committed towards the cause of the promotion of the sport and look forward to your support for the same. I extend you an invitation to be a part of MTB HIMACHAL 2005 and contribute to its success and popularity.

Come be a part of the sport in the Himalayas. The details of the event and the entry forms are available on the official web site: www.mtbhimachal.com

With Regards,

Dhananjay Ahluwalia (Tipu)

Race Director

MTB HIMACHAL 2005

www.mtbhimachal.com

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

+91-93185-03584

+91-92187-96789