cycling movies

Specialized27

Aug 5, 2003
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone has any favorite cycling movies...I like american flyers and breaking away....but those are basically the only ones I know of....just wondering if yall knew of any!

See ya,

Kyle

you have got to see 'The Hard Road' by Jamie Paolinetti(a documentary) Excellent!!!!!!!!

www.thehardroad.com

Originally posted by Specialized27
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone has any favorite cycling movies...I like american flyers and breaking away....but those are basically the only ones I know of....just wondering if yall knew of any!

See ya,

Kyle

Originally posted by oneradtec
you have got to see 'The Hard Road' by Jamie Paolinetti(a documentary) Excellent!!!!!!!!

www.thehardroad.com

Anyone know how I can get hold of a copy in Australia without paying American dollars for it. Things like this take ten years to get here and I'm fed up with this country treating cycling as an onerous pastime. I wanna get me this DVD!!!

Pee Wee's Big Adventure!!

No movie has ever portrayed a man more in love with his bike than this flick.

Another vote for "Breaking away" That's a great movie. That must be pretty old. How young Dennis Quaid looks in that movie.

ghislain lambert's bicycle is another recent film on professional cycling. Set in belgium in the 70's. Great old jerseys with some great flemish humour!

Originally posted by Blimp
Didn't Cliff Richard do some offensive bike film in the 1960's?

Sorry to post on your reply, to lazy to go to top.

What about "Quick Silver", with Kevin Bacon. That wa a great movie, ok good movie.

Also I have a movie about my fave cyclist Steve Bauer. Follows him during a TdF race.....

Memph

my favorite bike movie is "six day bicycle racer" with joe e. brown. made in about 1940, it has a lot of actual track racing action and a lot of corny mugging by joe e.

Originally posted by Stiff Upper Lip
Quiksilver--a truly mediocre 80's flick about various non-conformists who seem to conform...together. And Kevin Bacon as the trader who trades for a big finish. Formula **** with a barely interesting free-style scene of bike messenger bike-dancing.

Breaking Away. Really fine film. Got a lot of people into cycling. The underdog Cutters (a real group of townies) in a college town. Really immortalized the little 500 race.:p :confused: :eek:

Saw "Breaking Away", and it was alrght. Below "American Flyers" on my list of cycling movies.

"Quick Silver", shall always be one of my faves.....

Memph

"Beijing Bicycle" is a pretty good one. Shows just how much a person will do for a bike, even a crappy Chinese one (no offense, anyone, those mass produced bikes are the same no matter where they come from....)

Originally posted by juliebeanpie
"Beijing Bicycle" is a pretty good one. Shows just how much a person will do for a bike, even a crappy Chinese one (no offense, anyone, those mass produced bikes are the same no matter where they come from....)

Don't you own a mass produced bike yourself? I on the other hand do not......

Memph

There's an old South African movie in Afrikaans called "Geel trui vir die wenner" (Yellow jersey for the winner). I've only watched it halway but will properbly be on satellite tv again some time.

Originally posted by mark nobilette
my favorite bike movie is "six day bicycle racer" with joe e. brown. made in about 1940, it has a lot of actual track racing action and a lot of corny mugging by joe e.
Follow this link to the Internet Movie Database
http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0113873/ This is the Joe E Brown page. Scroll down to movie # 28 "six day bicycle racer" which was made in 1934. I use this site a lot at work.:D

Originally posted by Stiff Upper Lip
Nobody cares but you Memf.

Get busy on your post number seven hundred and thirty.

Did I hit a nerve???

You care enough to read & reply to my posts....

Memph