Cycling muscles

I've been off the bike for about a month (only a couple rides) because I am sick with mono, and I've been living an otherwise sedentary life. At 6'2" I was holding around 176lbs with just biking about 7 hours a week, and doing a fair amount of sprints on those rides.

But now I'm down to 167lbs. I feel like I'm wasting away. :eek:

I was once 193lbs, back when I thought weight training and adding muscle would substantially help my sprinting. :eek:

Last week I was capable of still 1800watts at 168lbs, with mono. :D
I do feel weaker though. I want my old self back.

Originally Posted by olive .

this is my story...
I weigh 108 pounds and stand just under 5 feet tall.
EVERY ounce of fat on my body went directly to my thighs.
I hated it. When I started cycling...I had amazing shrinking thighs!!!
Sure, they are still bigger with muscle (but not even close to being unsightly haha)
But its a lot bigger than fat thunder thighs haha
I've had the same experience. I started cycling in order to loose weight and got shapely legs instead. Though I didn’t loose weight, I definitely gained self-confidence. And this is very important to me, for I work as a relocation consultant (servicio de mudanzas) which means I should be able to persuade people that their stuff is safe.
What is more, since I started cycling my mood has considerably improved, I experience fewer mood swings and generally feel much happier.

I saw many girls who are addicted to biking, and I do own one of them, and I can say with certainty that none of the legs do not hurt ... it's a sport, it makes you more graceful and not vice versa /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Years ago when I raced on the local velodrome, there was a young woman there for a few seasons who had HUGE thighs. I'm assuming she did a lot of squats in the gym, because the rest of her was small and slender. No other female track rider looked that extreme either, apart from a few speed skaters who did track in the off season.
The average non-speed-skating female cyclist is not going to look like this just from riding a bike. Not unless every single ride includes at least a dozen all-out sprints.

Originally Posted by jheri .

I ride every day and am thin with very tight legs. They are certainly not huge. Come and visit Denmark some time. A huge percentage of women ride and we have the best legs and butts in the world:)
This post is useless without pictures.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif