Cycling muscles

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by ooky, Jan 17, 2008.

1. jackson123

jackson123 New Member

I got what i want now .

2. velomanct

velomanct New Member

I've been off the bike for about a month (only a couple rides) because I am sick with mono, and I've been living an otherwise sedentary life. At 6'2" I was holding around 176lbs with just biking about 7 hours a week, and doing a fair amount of sprints on those rides.

But now I'm down to 167lbs. I feel like I'm wasting away. :eek:

I was once 193lbs, back when I thought weight training and adding muscle would substantially help my sprinting. :eek:

Last week I was capable of still 1800watts at 168lbs, with mono. :D
    I do feel weaker though. I want my old self back.

3. mudanzas

mudanzas New Member

I've had the same experience. I started cycling in order to loose weight and got shapely legs instead. Though I didn’t loose weight, I definitely gained self-confidence. And this is very important to me, for I work as a relocation consultant (servicio de mudanzas) which means I should be able to persuade people that their stuff is safe.
    What is more, since I started cycling my mood has considerably improved, I experience fewer mood swings and generally feel much happier.

4. TobyAletha

TobyAletha New Member

I saw many girls who are addicted to biking, and I do own one of them, and I can say with certainty that none of the legs do not hurt ... it's a sport, it makes you more graceful and not vice versa /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

5. nuliajuk

nuliajuk New Member

Years ago when I raced on the local velodrome, there was a young woman there for a few seasons who had HUGE thighs. I'm assuming she did a lot of squats in the gym, because the rest of her was small and slender. No other female track rider looked that extreme either, apart from a few speed skaters who did track in the off season.
    The average non-speed-skating female cyclist is not going to look like this just from riding a bike. Not unless every single ride includes at least a dozen all-out sprints.

6. doiturself

doiturself Member

This post is useless without pictures.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

7. emconnors

emconnors New Member

Only if you're predisposed to it.
    I have pretty big thighs, but that's just my build.