Cycling New Zealand March 2004

Didi4fun

Guest
In March 2004 I am planning to discover my favorite destination (The South Island of New Zealand) by
bicycle for 4 weeks.

So I am looking for a cycle enthusiastic person like me (male or female, it doesn't matter!) who
wants to join me.

By the way, I am 32 years old and I am coming from Austria. But my name is NOT Arnold! :)

"Warning": Though cycling is one of the greatest ways to discover a country, you should be awake to
spend looooong hours on your bike. So that a very good constitution is indispensable!!! If you are a
lazy couch-potato, your are definitely the wrong travel-companion for this trip.

Still interessted? Just send me an email! ( [email protected] ) Check out my homepage too:
www.didi.at.tt

Dieter (also known as Didi) :)

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:30:47 +0200, "Didi4Fun" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In March 2004 I am planning to discover my favorite destination (The South Island of New Zealand)
>by bicycle for 4 weeks.

I've just come back from NZ. I didn't take my bike but I hired a god damn awful one for a day to
explore the north coast of Waiheke Island. It's a beautiful place, in which a 10 speed MTB where
only 3 gears are actually selectable is no use.

Cycling on the island was excellent - cars were extremely courteous. I didn't cycle in Auckland but
it seemed to be no worse than Birmingham. I didn't see any cycle parking facilities tho.

The highlight of the trip was the Korean Air in flight entertainment - featuring some sports clips
of Nicole Cooke!

I am considering applying for a 2 year work visa (nurses are welcomed with open arms).

Love and hugs from Rich x

--
"Netiquette" states that a signature should be no more than four lines long.

Didi4Fun wrote:

I spent two months cycling in New Zealand in October, November 1990. I found it to be great and I'd
love to go back. I rode from Auckland to Wellington via Hamilton, Rotorua, Taupo, Wanganui then down
the West Coast of the South Island to Queenstown and back up the East Coast to Christchurch via
Dunedin and Mt Cook. I made a side trip up Arthurs Pass from Greymouth.

Tell you what I'll do a detailed narrative from my diary and post it on the web soon.

One of the nicest things about cycling in NZ is there is nearly always a tea shop selling home made
cakes just where you need one !

Go for it Didi, one day I'll be able to quit my job again and re-visit one of my favourite cycling
countries.