cycling news item

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bernie, May 7, 2003.

  1. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    While riding home tonight, I noticed the Fraser River was full of harbour seals and also a few sea
    lions. I feel sorry to be so out of touch. It is probably an oolichan run going on. Did not see any
    porpoises. Ours are little black guys without the longer "porpoise" nose. Any feedback? A Happy
    Springtime to You! Best regards, Bernie

    Tags:

  2. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Bernie <[email protected]> writes:
    > While riding home tonight, I noticed the Fraser River was full of harbour seals and also a few
    > sea lions.

    Maybe they were trying to escape that shrill sonar testing by the American Navy destroyer out in
    Haro Strait. The TV news had an item about it, disorienting nearby orcas.

    > I feel sorry to be so out of touch. It is probably an oolichan run going on.

    Mmmmm ... oolichans. I gotta get me some, and throw a li'l fish fry. I bet they're loaded with
    omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D -- which I think can be good stuff in a temperate-climate
    cyclist's diet.

    cheers, Tom