Cycling number plates.

TimC wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 at 14:03 GMT, Oscar (aka Bruce)

>> http://www.wa.cycling.org.au/images/cycleinsteadlicplate.jpg

> Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

Yeah, why not? In Wa you can have almost anything you want on a plate.
Plates come in cheapo personal in the format ABC-*** where you can up to
three letters plus three numbers in black on blue, e.g JB-007, HEL-000 for
$91 once only charge. Or you can pay $115 and have a choice of 14 colours
and up to 7 characters e.g CHARLES in a choice of standard or slimline. For
$365 you get up to 9 characters in Polycarbonate. I recently saw one that
said WOGWHEELS. Then there are sporting clubs and corporate, includes your
logo. A common one such as West Coast Eagles is $115. Corporate cost depends
on number of colours and quantity. I think minimum number for a plate with a
logo is 20. So if you,ve got 20 people willing to buy one you can have an
aus.bicycle plate.
My wife's car is HEL-001 (her name is Helen) which she has had since 1978.
My 1994 Moto Guzzi has GUZZI94. My ute has a local shire plate CH-5209 (for
Chittering). No charge for these.

In WA it is sometimes hard to spot the Standard Isssue plate. People even
drive around with Essondon Footbal Club plates issued here in WA. Sheesh!

Theo

Oscar wrote:
> TimC wrote:

>> Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

> Yes.

Went to donate at the Red Cross yesterday. In thier donor carpark was a
Toyota Echo, number plate BRRM-BRRM.

Theo

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> Oscar wrote:
>
>>TimC wrote:

>>>Ooh! Are they actual legal plates?

>>Yes.

> Went to donate at the Red Cross yesterday. In thier donor carpark was a
> Toyota Echo, number plate BRRM-BRRM.
>
> Theo

There's a gym instructor in my town who has "PURRR" on her sports car.

People even drive around with Essendon Footbal Club plates issued here in WA. Sheesh!

Smart people :D

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:20:58 +0800, Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> Wrote :
<snip>

> In WA it is sometimes hard to spot the Standard Isssue plate. People even
> drive around with Essondon Footbal Club plates issued here in WA. Sheesh!

As someone once said - there's no accounting for taste...

--

Humbug who lives in Essendon less than 10 mins walk to the Windy Hill ground.

HUMBUG wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote : <snip>
>>
>> In WA it is sometimes hard to spot the Standard Isssue plate. People
>> even drive around with Essondon Footbal Club plates issued here in
>> WA. Sheesh!

> As someone once said - there's no accounting for taste...

My interest in AFL is so intense that I didn't know how to spell Essendon
:)

Theo