Cycling on Eigg

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave P

Is it worth taking mountain bikes over to Eigg? I ask as out youngest is only just in a bike seat
and I think rough land rover tracks maybe too much for her.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

"Dave P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Is it worth taking mountain bikes over to Eigg? I ask as out youngest is only just in a bike seat
> and I think rough land rover tracks maybe too
much
> for her.
>
> Any thoughts?

Theres about 4 miles of tarmac and a similar amount of what looks like land rover tracks.

It would seem hardly worth taking the bike, but then hardly worth going really.

"Dave P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Is it worth taking mountain bikes over to Eigg? I ask as out youngest is only just in a bike seat
> and I think rough land rover tracks maybe too
much
> for her.
>
> Any thoughts?

Oh those naughty landies, and how inconsiderate of people using them for the purpose they were
designed for.

pud in the office all week would ride 'the bike'. And at weekend, she prefers the day out as the
window cleaner rides her indoors on the rest of the weekdays.

"Mr Angry." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Dave P" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Is it worth taking mountain bikes over to Eigg? I ask as out youngest is only just in a bike
> > seat and I think rough land rover tracks maybe too
> much
> > for her.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Oh those naughty landies, and how inconsiderate of people using them for
the
> purpose they were designed for.
>

his
> pud in the office all week would ride 'the bike'. And at weekend, she prefers the day out as the
> window cleaner rides her indoors on the rest of the weekdays.
>
>
>Karm down......................Karm Down.....................

MBS

On Tue, 6 May 2003 23:48:59 +0100, "Mr Angry." <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"Dave P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Is it worth taking mountain bikes over to Eigg? I ask as out youngest is only just in a bike seat
>> and I think rough land rover tracks maybe too
>much
>> for her.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
>Oh those naughty landies, and how inconsiderate of people using them for the purpose they were
>designed for.
>

>pud in the office all week would ride 'the bike'. And at weekend, she prefers the day out as the
>window cleaner rides her indoors on the rest of the weekdays.

Another one who can't make a point without resorting to abuse and bad language.

Cheemag.

[email protected] (J.) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Another one who can't make a point without resorting to abuse and bad language.

Try to re-arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying. Trolls the feed not do.

--
Dave...

I took bikes from Arisaig. The calmac ferry also runs from mallaig.

Dave

"Mr Blue Sky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] (J.) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> > > Another one who can't make a point without resorting to abuse and bad language.
> >
> > Try to re-arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying. Trolls the feed
> > not do.
> >
> > --
> > Dave..
>
> How do you get to eigg? is it from Mallaig, or Arisaig? MBS.

On Wed, 7 May 2003 23:26:17 +0100, "Mr Angry." <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"J." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Another one who can't make a point without resorting to abuse and bad language.
>>
>> Cheemag.
>
>Hehehe

>Now I find that really strange, but even more unnerving it's so bloody ironic.

Which proves nothing other than that you haven't a clue about the Icelandic language.

- Cheemag.

On 7 May 2003 16:17:39 -0700, [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote:

>[email protected] (J.) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> Another one who can't make a point without resorting to abuse and bad language.
>
>Try to re-arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying. Trolls the feed not do.

I know. I fall for it every time....

- Cheemag.

"Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [email protected] (J.) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > Another one who can't make a point without resorting to abuse and bad language.
>
> Try to re-arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying. Trolls the feed not do.
>
> --
> Dave...

Trolls on the Internet are cowards. Very few if any of them would have the guts to stand up in a
public bar and spout off their nonsense. Hiding behind a computer and doing it seems to give them
some satisfaction.

The sad part of all of this is that youngsters read this Newsgroup and they should not be subjected
to the kind of language that these sad people use.

Vision

positivethoughts <[email protected]> wrote:
>Trolls on the Internet are cowards. Very few if any of them would have the guts to stand up in a
>public bar and spout off their nonsense.

I hardly think a willingness to be assaulted should be the criterion of worth for someone's
comments. Are you saying that large, strong men should be allowed to troll and abuse people?

>The sad part of all of this is that youngsters read this Newsgroup and they should not be subjected
>to the kind of language that these sad people use.

Nonsense. All kinds of people use vigorous language on Usenet, and Usenet has always been a medium
for adults - children can read it, but I strongly oppose the idea that we should adapt it for them
except in hierarchies and newsgroups explicitly for their use.
--
David Damerell <[email protected]> flcl?

On 09 May 2003 13:40:31 +0100 (BST), David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote:

> All kinds of people use vigorous language on Usenet, and Usenet has always been a medium for
> adults - children can read it, but I strongly oppose the idea that we should adapt it for them
> except in hierarchies and newsgroups explicitly for their use.

Would make a bit more sense if the offending troll hadn't been reacting to a perfectly civil
question. I used to work with a bloke called Stuart. A conversation with Stuart usually went
along these lines: "Moring, Stuart." - "F**k off!" At that, Stuart was at least prepared to use
his own name.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
><[email protected]> wrote:
>>All kinds of people use vigorous language on Usenet, and Usenet has always been a medium for
>>adults - children can read it, but I strongly oppose the idea that we should adapt it for them
>>except in hierarchies and newsgroups explicitly for their use.
>Would make a bit more sense if the offending troll hadn't been reacting to a perfectly civil
>question.

I don't like the offending troll; but "Velvet"'s comments about trolls are preposterous nonsense
for all that.
--
David Damerell <[email protected]> flcl?

On 12 May 2003 14:44:44 +0100 (BST), David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote:

>I don't like the offending troll; but "Velvet"'s comments about trolls are preposterous nonsense
>for all that.

<shrug> I don't think it's appropriate or necessary to spout foul language in response to a civil
question in any context. And I am one of these starry-eyed idealists who would like the entire world
to be warm and fluffy and safe for my children, but most of it isn't - however, this NG is usually
fairly polite and "family friendly." Not that they ever use any part of the net unsupervised,
especially not Usenet. And IRC is blocked at my firewall and always will be.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<eNy*[email protected]>...

> I don't like the offending troll; but "Velvet"'s comments about trolls are preposterous nonsense
> for all that.

For the record I think the denunciation of cowards hiding behind their computers to post was made
under the pseudonym "Vision". :)

--
Dave...

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
><[email protected]> wrote:
>>I don't like the offending troll; but "Velvet"'s comments about trolls are preposterous nonsense
>>for all that.
[Vision, even.]
><shrug> I don't think it's appropriate or necessary to spout foul language in response to a civil
>question in any context.

But it is permissible. The troll was wrong because it was a troll; not because it had rude words in
or indeed because the poster might be unwilling to be punched in the face.
--
David Damerell <[email protected]> Distortion Field!

Status
Not open for further replies.