Cycling on TV

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by tjt, Aug 4, 2005.

1. tjt

tjt New Member

Guys,
    I'm new to the sport, but I love riding roads and MTB. I also love to watch coverage (like on OLN) but it looks like OLN doesn't cover much after the TdF. Where can I go on TV, radio, or the internet to get live coverage of all of the other events?

Tags:

2. terry potter

terry potter New Member

Your best bet is (cycling.tv ) player from the uk, great stuff. Good luck!

3. Eilert Pilarm

Eilert Pilarm New Member

amen to what terry said...and like most live feeds, try cycling.tv on Internet Explorer, as these things don't work well, or at all, on Netscape/Firefox browsers.
    OLN has even gone so far as to take their forum down, as far as I can tell. I havent been able to find their forum for weeks. I guess the irony of an active cycling forum on a no-cycling network got too much for those asshats.

you can also get live text feeds of sporting events -- the upcoming skiing world cup races come to mind -- on Eurosport.com
    also lots of video clips there.

and when it comes time for the grand tours, you can get live feeds from TV networks overseas, though not free (but worth every penny, euro, or kroner). ....one example, which I used with great success, being TV2 in Denmark.