Cycling or footy?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Marty, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Anyone cycling tomorrow? Or are you going to stay home and watch the
    Eagles win the Grand final?

    Marty

    Tags:

  2. BrettM

    BrettM Guest

    Marty <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Anyone cycling tomorrow? Or are you going to stay home and
    > watch the Eagles win the Grand final?
    >
    > Marty

    Morning = diassembling newly acquired Peugot (Reynolds 531,
    58cm) in preparation for fixing (it's a lovely brown colour
    so I might have to paint it) - I will be seeking advice in
    the near future.

    Afternoon = draining of keg in front of large screen TV with,
    hopefully, Eagles in full glory.

    Sunday morning = still no riding (recovery session)

    Sunday arvo = another keg while the Cowboys smoke some Eels

    (So I'm attempting to model traffic now instead of the
    weekend)

    Cheers

    BrettM

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    Nah, helping to 'remove' a fellow a.ber's kitchen. Then might watch the footy, drink more beer or grumble loudly about the fecking AFL murdering my old team '96. And I have never ceased to be bitter and pissed off about it.

  4. Euan

    Euan Guest

    Marty> Anyone cycling tomorrow? Or are you going to stay home and
    Marty> watch the Eagles win the Grand final?

    I know one guy who'll be putting the hours in on the trainer while
    watching the footy: Jason Akermanis.

    Studio audience for Before the Game was great fun, loved it :-D Aker
    was there and said that as he wasn't involved this year he'd be
    sufferring through the footy and have a sore arse at the end.
    --
    Cheers | ~~ [email protected]
    Euan | ~~ _-\<,

  5. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2005-09-23, Marty (aka Bruce)
    > Anyone cycling tomorrow? Or are you going to stay home and watch the
    > Eagles win the Grand final?

    I wacky parsed that as "win the grand prix". Which makes about as
    much sense. Who are the eagles? Some soccer team? Is it a final
    this weekend? What countries are playing?

    --
    TimC
    Disclaimer: Due to feline interference, this post may contain typographical

  6. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > footy, drink more beer or grumble loudly about the fecking AFL murdering
    > my old team '96. And I have never ceased to be bitter and pissed off
    > about it.

    Amen to that!

    daveB "also still bitter"

  7. endroll

    endroll New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    cycling should rock - no traffic on the road! ehehehe....everyone will be heating their couches

  8. Dancier

    Dancier New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    On call until Monday morning so if I am lucky I might get a few laps of the Terrara road circuit in today but otherwise it's all work. I will have to wait until Tuesday before I can do some serious riding, maybe down to Portsea and back.

  9. BruceA

    BruceA Guest

    "Marty" wrote
    > Anyone cycling tomorrow? Or are you going to stay home and watch the
    > Eagles win the Grand final?

    What a fantastic day it would have been for riding in Perth!!
    It was so quiet, the streets were deserted with so many people staying in to
    watch the footy.
    I am not a footy fan, so was out and about on Saturday taking advantage of
    the deserted shops (Bunnings and other home renovation shops). Go in, get
    what I want, no end of shop assistants to help me, then out again.
    Riding would have been great, but home duties call!

    BruceA

  10. Marty

    Marty Guest

    BruceA wrote:
    > "Marty" wrote
    >
    >>Anyone cycling tomorrow? Or are you going to stay home and watch the
    >>Eagles win the Grand final?

    > What a fantastic day it would have been for riding in Perth!!
    > It was so quiet, the streets were deserted with so many people staying in to
    > watch the footy.
    > I am not a footy fan, so was out and about on Saturday taking advantage of
    > the deserted shops (Bunnings and other home renovation shops). Go in, get
    > what I want, no end of shop assistants to help me, then out again.
    > Riding would have been great, but home duties call!
    >
    > BruceA

    It's sort of eerie isn't it. I noticed the same thing during a solar
    eclipse, everything goes quiet for a while and the world seems
    "different", and then after a while the world goes back to being "normal
    " again.

    Spooky

    Marty

  11. endroll

    endroll New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005

    worked...
    shopped...
    rode...

    if only I had a remote that would control traffic as effectively as the grand final does!! Then again, I haven't checked probikekit for a couple of days - you never know...:p

  12. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    You sure he was talking about cycling given that quote?

  13. EuanB

    EuanB New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Yep, prior to that he said he'd be getting home about 13:00 and getting on the wind trainer.

  14. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Wit can be overlooked on the internets!

  15. EuanB

    EuanB New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Heh.

    Well I got kinda curious so googled and found this:

    http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2772

    Apparently they managed to shut him up. Amazing.

  16. Euan wrote:

    > Marty> Anyone cycling tomorrow? Or are you going to stay home and
    > Marty> watch the Eagles win the Grand final?
    >
    > I know one guy who'll be

    ondinged him self