Cycling peaks and Polar

vio765

Jan 20, 2005
im getting cycling peaks software tomarrow. but i have 1.5 years worth of date in polar files. every single file is set at the 5sec sampling rate. will i encounter much trouble converting all that data into cycling peaks? i read somewhere that because polar samples at 5sec intervals, cycling peaks freaks out and gives erronious results. please tell me this information is wrong. and that i will have no trouble transferring and converting the date into cycling peaks. i am computer saavy, so keep that in mind. thanks guys

vio765 said:
im getting cycling peaks software tomarrow. but i have 1.5 years worth of date in polar files. every single file is set at the 5sec sampling rate. will i encounter much trouble converting all that data into cycling peaks? i read somewhere that because polar samples at 5sec intervals, cycling peaks freaks out and gives erronious results. please tell me this information is wrong. and that i will have no trouble transferring and converting the date into cycling peaks. i am computer saavy, so keep that in mind. thanks guys
It will work fine. Read the instructions in CP how to move the files and you won't have any issues.

It has a bulk transfer option, I don't remember how it works, but it was not hard, the Cyclingpeaks software explained it. Good luck with it.

You shouldn't have any problems with pulling in all your old Polar files. When I made the leap to CyclingPeaks earlier this season I pulled in close to 3 years worth of past data. Just locate your .HRM files and drop them onto the CyclingPeaks window. They will all be pulled in.

Not to hijack the thread but has any one noticed an issue with the workout time when importing a single workout from the Polar software? I have noticed that the workout time is not coming in. It is being defaulted to 12:00:00 AM. I have to look at it in the Polar software and set it manually. This is with using the latest release of the Polar stuff.

RoadBikeGuy said:
I have noticed that the workout time is not coming in. It is being defaulted to 12:00:00 AM. I have to look at it in the Polar software and set it manually. This is with using the latest release of the Polar stuff.

Same here. However, since CP has no way to categorize workouts by type of ride (hills, TT, LSD, etc.... I've suggested this feature be included in the next revision) the 12:00 AM is useful to me to be able to quickly distinguish between Polar and PT files.