Cycling Peaks Question

mloywhite

Apr 6, 2005
I recently started using CyclingPeaks, and really like it. I use a Polar power meter with a 725 HRM. One question, which I could not find an answer to in the Help section: I sometimes accidentally start a second file (my start button sticks), and don't want to download it to Cycling Peaks, or want to delete it. When I download to the Polar software, it asks which files to save, and I only save the real file, and delete the mistaken one. Is there any way in CyclingPeaks to delete the mistaken files? Thanks, Mike.

mloywhite said:
I recently started using CyclingPeaks, and really like it. I use a Polar power meter with a 725 HRM. One question, which I could not find an answer to in the Help section: I sometimes accidentally start a second file (my start button sticks), and don't want to download it to Cycling Peaks, or want to delete it. When I download to the Polar software, it asks which files to save, and I only save the real file, and delete the mistaken one. Is there any way in CyclingPeaks to delete the mistaken files? Thanks, Mike.

If you don't drag-and-drop the file on an Athlete's Calendar, or assign it to an Athlete using the drop-down menu on the Journal page, the file will automatically be deleted when you close the program. (You can tell whether a file has been assigned to an Athlete based on how it listed on the Navigation bar on the left side of the screen...if it's not under somebody's name, then the CyclingPeaks doesn't yet know to whom it belongs.)

This may not be intuitively obvious, but it was set up this way because it was anticipated that people would be sharing a lot of files in .wko format (e.g., via email) that they didn't necessarily want to keep after they were done looking at them.

Thanks for the quick reply. One last thing, what is "norm power" as opposed to just "power" ? Thanks, Mike.