Cycling Peaks Raw Data Export

UncleFred

Oct 4, 2005
Anybody know if you can export the Distance and Altitude raw data from Cycling Peaks to MS Excel?

I want to make a 3d route profile graph. I've tried copy & pasting the raw date but it doesn't work, I've tried the "export copy as" function but it won't export the altitude.

Anbody got any ideas?

I'm pretty sure if you export it as the Polar HRM file and open it with Excel, it will export altitude data. Dunno for sure.

NomadVW said:
I'm pretty sure if you export it as the Polar HRM file and open it with Excel, it will export altitude data. Dunno for sure.
Yep it exports data, but not distance. Tried all the other exports as well but can't get what I want. Ideally I'd just like to cut the Raw Data from Cycling Peaks and Paste it into ExCel but I can't do that either.

Anybody else got any ideas or does anybody know of another program that will enable me to download Distance and Altitude Data from my Polar and creata a 3 Graph?

UncleFred said:
Yep it exports data, but not distance.
Are you sure? I swear in the past I've created course altitude profile charts using polar distance (not elapsed time) data.

Alex Simmons said:
Are you sure? I swear in the past I've created course altitude profile charts using polar distance (not elapsed time) data.
Positive.

I can export the data from Cycling Peaks but it doesn't include the Distance column, I've also tried exporting the raw data from the Polar software as a text file as well, it includes the distance column but the values are all zero, I've formatted the cells in Excel to 6 decimal places but there's nothing there. I'm really starting to pull out my hair with this.

UncleFred said:
Positive.

I can export the data from Cycling Peaks but it doesn't include the Distance column, I've also tried exporting the raw data from the Polar software as a text file as well, it includes the distance column but the values are all zero, I've formatted the cells in Excel to 6 decimal places but there's nothing there. I'm really starting to pull out my hair with this.
I think you're making it harder than it is.

From the Polar ride file listing page (see sample copy attached), simply choose copy from the edit menu (or click the "copy to clipboard" button, or right click on the data and choose "copy") and then simply open Excel and paste. All data, including distance will be there.

Alex Simmons said:
I think you're making it harder than it is.

From the Polar ride file listing page (see sample copy attached), simply choose copy from the edit menu (or click the "copy to clipboard" button, or right click on the data and choose "copy") and then simply open Excel and paste. All data, including distance will be there.
Cheers Alex, I knew it was a case of me being stoopid.