Cycling Peaks Software TSS

mullerrj

Mar 26, 2007
When I add a manual entry and TSS value in Cycling Peaks..the TSS/IF chart I have on my athlete page does not include/reflect it..only TSS's from Power Tap rides. Anybody know why a manual entry TSS does NOT show up on my chart? Thanks Rob

frenchyge said:
Manually entered workouts only feed the PMC, not the other charts.
That's not true at least for my copy of WKO+. I have to intentionally assign manually entered workouts to something other than "bike" and filter charts to eliminate these workouts or else they appear on all charts. The power distribution histogram for instance will show unrealistic and very high peaks if I include the manual entries since they are recorded as though the entire workout was at a single mean power.

I have a custom weekly TSS bar chart and it definitely includes the TSS from my manual workouts as well as TSS from actual PM files.

Rob,
Make sure your TSS chart includes all sports if you are entering your manual workouts as anything other than "bike". Classifying manual workouts as "other" will allow you to filter charts like your power distribution and MMP chart to only include actual PM files.

-Dave

daveryanwyoming said:
That's not true at least for my copy of WKO+. I have to intentionally assign manually entered workouts to something other than "bike" and filter charts to eliminate these workouts or else they appear on all charts. The power distribution histogram for instance will show unrealistic and very high peaks if I include the manual entries since they are recorded as though the entire workout was at a single mean power.

I have a custom weekly TSS bar chart and it definitely includes the TSS from my manual workouts as well as TSS from actual PM files.
I'm not sure how you're getting power values into those files. On calendar view, I right click on the appropriate date and select create a new workout (double-click does the same thing). Then I put some notes in there and close that workout which saves it to the calendar. Then I right click that workout and choose override values, which lets me enter a new TSS value. There are no power, IF, duration, or any other data associated with that blank workout except for the single, overridden TSS value, which feeds the PMC only.

Are you using Rapdaddyo's create workout program? That does create a true iso-power workout which will wreak havoc on the distribution graphs.

Edit: Ah, now I see what you're doing. I've never used that function to enter a workout before, and usually just override the TSS on a blank workout as I described above. For the OP, from the Athlete Homepage, select File --> Manual Workout Entry to put in your workout if you want the mileage, power, IF, TSS, etc to feed the charts.

frenchyge said:
I'm not sure how you're getting power values into those files. On calendar view, I right click on the appropriate date and select create a new workout (double-click does the same thing). Then I put some notes in there and close that workout which saves it to the calendar. Then I right click that workout and choose override values, which lets me enter a new TSS value. There are no power, IF, duration, or any other data associated with that blank workout except for the single, overridden TSS value, which feeds the PMC only.

Are you using Rapdaddyo's create workout program? That does create a true iso-power workout which will wreak havoc on the distribution graphs.

Edit: Ah, now I see what you're doing. I've never used that function to enter a workout before, and usually just override the TSS on a blank workout as I described above. For the OP, from the Athlete Homepage, select File --> Manual Workout Entry to put in your workout if you want the mileage, power, IF, TSS, etc to feed the charts.
Nope, you were right the first time..can't do it The only way TSS will show up in a chart by itself is if you associate a power with it. When you do that, I will screw up the Power Distribution Chart. A manual entry TSS will show up in the PMC, but only a daily best..can't choose a weekly option. At least that's how it works w/ build 69 of WKO+ that I have installed on my computer. I've been screwing around with it all afternoon..and can't get a TSS chart all by itself that will show a manual entry without Power. Thanks Rob

mullerrj said:
Nope, you were right the first time..can't do it The only way TSS will show up in a chart by itself is if you associate a power with it. When you do that, I will screw up the Power Distribution Chart. ...
Yep, if you define the manual workout as "bike" or have the sports in your power distribution chart set to all then it will screw up the histogram. That's why I define manual workouts as "other" using the pull down menu while creating the manual workout and have the power distribution chart set to only display "bike" workouts under the "sports" tab.

I don't know how to define a workout that has TSS without time, power or IF associated with it so I use the sports filters available to all charts. I don't want my manual workouts to appear on my power distribution or my MMP charts. I'll play with frenchyge's method from the menu on the home page, I haven't tried that.

-Dave

Heh. I think my response crossed everyone up. It was directed at Dave. :)

Dave, if you use "override values" on the *calendar* page to manually set the TSS of a workout, that TSS value will only feed the PMC. In that way you can create an empty workout file that has no power, time, or mileage values, but has the TSS overridden to, say, 150. That way it only affects the PMC and no other charts if that's your goal.

Rob, overridden TSS values will only affect the PMC. If you want to manually create a workout file that feeds all the charts, but is a little more friendly on the power distribution graphs, there is a short application that Rapdaddyo wrote last year that might help. You can use a handful of intervals to spread the power data over a few different values instead of having 2 hrs hitting a single wattage. Unfortunately, attachments here are limited to 100kb and the file zips to 135kb ( :mad: ), so you'll have to PM me with an e-mail address if you want to try it. (Same goes for anyone else that wants it).