Cycling Peaks Software

mullerrj

Mar 26, 2007
Just wondering, does anyone that uses CP software create two profiles for the same athlete? Ex. use one file called Joe Athlete and another file called Joe Athlete (interval training). Or, even add a third called Joe Athlete (racing). Reason I ask, is that I was wondering whether it would be easier to track general ride data, vs. training vs. racing instead of having it all included on one, especially when you go to the Athlete's Homepage to see all of the summary charts/graphs. Or, if by doing this..will I screw up the ATL and CTL lines on the PMC Chart? Maybe instead of doing what I suggested (above) would be to keep everything in one file like I have now..and just copying and pasting training intervals into a separate file- called interval training. Make sense? Thanks Rob

If you're using the WKO+ upgrade there is a spot for categorizing each workout in the upper left corner with the date and ride data, which should accomplish what you're trying to do. I do think that would mess up the PMC to put them under different athletes.

mullerrj said:
Just wondering, does anyone that uses CP software create two profiles for the same athlete? Ex. use one file called Joe Athlete and another file called Joe Athlete (interval training). Or, even add a third called Joe Athlete (racing). Reason I ask, is that I was wondering whether it would be easier to track general ride data, vs. training vs. racing instead of having it all included on one, especially when you go to the Athlete's Homepage to see all of the summary charts/graphs. Or, if by doing this..will I screw up the ATL and CTL lines on the PMC Chart? Maybe instead of doing what I suggested (above) would be to keep everything in one file like I have now..and just copying and pasting training intervals into a separate file- called interval training. Make sense? Thanks Rob
You can use the Sport Type and Workout Code in the Chalkboard to look at just certain files, but if you only want parts of the files (i.e. just the actual race, not including the warm up/cool down), you need to set up a different athlete as you suggested and copy/paste the appropriate sections. It will not affect the PMC for the original Athlete. - TF