Cycling Playlist - Best Music To Ride To

I don't listen to music while riding. I just don't like to listen the music because it feels better to ride the bike with a silence. My friend was a music addict and he lost his leg (in an accident) because of this addiction. He was not able to hear the sound of horn because of the earphone. After that incident, I stopped listening to music while riding the bike.

For those daredevils of the roads:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To pump up beginners:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I only listen to music when I'm on a bike trail and away from traffic, & even then it's not as loud as I listen while at the gym. I typically just throw my music library on shuffle, but I always go harder (whatever I'm doing at the time) when Andrew W.K. comes on.
I also do the same. I also believe that listening to music in a full traffic road can be dangerous as you will not be able to hear the sound. Some people are kinda music addict and they always carry an iPod and earphone with them. These people are more open to the road accident and that is why music addiction can be a bad thing. I agree with warrengeb.

Never, and by the way, I am a musician. First, I have witnessed an accident with a biker who was plugged in, one that could easily been avoided if he had been able to hear the car approaching from the side. Second, even though I ride remote rural roads with light traffic, it is very important to be able to move well off to the side when big logging trucks come rolling around bends or crest a hill. My ears are a very important safety tool for my bicycling. I use them, always. No exceptions. In any accident, the bicyclist ALWAYS loses.

If you are listening with earbuds, you're an accident waiting to happen. I've seen it first hand. I don't listen to music much but when I do I use a Buckshot bluetooth speaker. I can only use it on quiet roads. I usually stream random music from Google play

Love listening to Pandora-Flux Pavilion Radio station when I'm cycling. Great electronica,drumb beats, pumped-up, working out kind-of-music

Best songs I like are:
Groove (Trap Mix) by Oiki
Sunlight (2011) Torqux & Twist Remix
"Hustle"- Antiserum & Mayhem
"I Can't Stop" - Flux Pavilion

Love listening to Pandora-Flux Pavilion Radio station when I'm cycling. Great electronica,drumb beats, pumped-up, working out kind-of-music

Best songs I like are:
Groove (Trap Mix) by Oiki
Sunlight (2011) Torqux & Twist Remix
"Hustle"- Antiserum & Mayhem
"I Can't Stop" - Flux Pavilion
If you were wearing headphones listening to anything was a bonehead move. Headphones and cycling are a bad idea and so is this topic.

The only thing I listen to when riding is the voice in my head telling me to push harder, and enjoy the pain.

Reactions: Jcycle
The new kanye west album is pretty cool to ride as soundtrack music. There's hype songs where you can go faster, and then the slow songs where you can relax a little. It's pretty cool.

I was writing about this in a similar thread but it was about whether we should ride our bikes and listen to music or not. I am not really for that option. I think it can be dangerous but sometimes I use my phone speaker on very low and I enjoy the music I like. Recently my play list has a lot of Hindi Zahra songs as well as Leonard Cohen's songs which is a constant thing actually. Tom Waits and some classical stuff as well as jazz, Chat Baker, Dave Brubeck, Duke, Davies ...

I was writing about this in a similar thread but it was about whether we should ride our bikes and listen to music or not. I am not really for that option. I think it can be dangerous but sometimes I use my phone speaker on very low and I enjoy the music I like. Recently my play list has a lot of Hindi Zahra songs as well as Leonard Cohen's songs which is a constant thing actually. Tom Waits and some classical stuff as well as jazz, Chat Baker, Dave Brubeck, Duke, Davies ...
A speaker is better than head phones. Head phones drown out the outside world, A speaker just becomes part of it.

Anything that keeps me moving and alert. So, some days I go cycling listening tropical music, some others is heavy metal, sometimes I just go for a mix of Eminem, Ellie Goulding, Kings of Leon, and Bruno Mars. It all depends if I'm doing a slow or quick pace ride, and also what's my mood for the day.

I usually ride to quiet places. So, I don't listen to music. I just enjoy the sound of nature. But I do listen to music, only if I'm almost at the places of the groups of people I want to avoid like skateboarders and such. They usually call out to me and it's really annoying so I just pretend like I'm listening to a really loud music and couldn't hear them.

One song I like listening to when riding my bike is "Best of my life."

It's great for starting your day and makes you feel upbeat, positive, and excited for the day ahead. I've even seen it being used in a famous movie being used like that. I think it was a movie about kids forming a dance team. I just know that it's famous.