Cycling Questionnaire

jpphillips1

Feb 14, 2012
Hi, I'm looking at cycling for an observational report at university, and I wondered if you could please help. I've made a short questionnaire about commuting and people's attitudes towards cycling in general, could you please follow the link below and help with my report. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3W2YN7Y Thank you in advance, James

Why didn't we all just bicycle down to your University. Then you could have handed each of us a paper survey. We would have filled out the form, returned it to you, and bicycled back home... or on to work. Or maybe you could have cycled door-to-door and I could have entered my data at my doorstep. By using our bicycles we would have saved the planet from massive amounts of fuel use.

This concept of mixing 16th century labor practices with 21st century electronic capabilities, to gain data as if the electronic capability didn't exist seems odd... at best. Was the survey about Government, or energy? I am NOT being negative... I'd really like to understand.

I completed the survery, but ...

How do you plan to get a statistically relevant, unbiased sample by soliciting reviewers on a bicycling website?

Personally, I think tools like surveymonkey are overused by individuals undertrained in wielding the dangerous sword of statistical analysis. Nowadays anybody can come up with a survey, get hundreds of respondents to support the conclusion they were trying to make.

... just a thought.