Cycling races on torrents...

Powerful Pete

May 29, 2004
Ok everyone, now that demonoid is dead, where do we get all the classics through our trusty torrent software? The only files that appear to come up for 2008 are the K-B-K, the Omloop Het Volk and stages of the Paris Nice. Or at least, that is what I find looking on www.mininova.org, www.piratebay.org and more recently on an aggregator site that appears to work well: www.youtorrent.com.

Ok, so is anyone posting these files? I would love to get a full copy of the Milano San Remo and the forthcoming spring classics!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Check Usenet, specifically alt.binaries.multimedia.sports. M-SR should still be there if you have a decent news provider.

huboon said:
Check Usenet, specifically alt.binaries.multimedia.sports. M-SR should still be there if you have a decent news provider.
Aha, mille grazie! I will do that today!

There are some new races available over om fr333dom.com.

E3, Dwars Door, Brabantse Pijl and Vuelta Castilla y Leon.

Hooray :D

jonjungel said:
There are also some cycling torrents at http://fr333dom.com.

MSR is the latest available atm.
thank you. its the best site for downloads I have ever seen. It the only way that you get to see most of these races outside of the odd 30min highlights in Australia

Just out of curiosity, what does it take to 'record' the Eurosport feed of a race, convert it into an AVI or MPEG file, and then create a torrent?

To a complete computer peasant like myself this seems almost unsurmountable... but apparently it is not...

Powerful Pete said:
Just out of curiosity, what does it take to 'record' the Eurosport feed of a race, convert it into an AVI or MPEG file, and then create a torrent?

To a complete computer peasant like myself this seems almost unsurmountable... but apparently it is not...
VLC is the magic tools (viewing, recording or video servers)!

http://www.videolan.org/

Powerful Pete said:

If I understood correctly you mean the low-resolution Eurosport network feed? I listed a few options that came to my mind even if you didn't mean the network stream. The best program to edit and make movies would be Adobe Premier but programs like AviSynth and Virtualdub are also great. I converted many of my VHS tapes to DVDs with Virtualdub.
Then I use Azureus to create .torrents but programs like utorrent do the job too.

Depends on what kind of "equipement" you have:
1. Network feed: VLC-player works for that but I haven't had very good experiences using it. I used a pretty good program (googled for "record network stream program") that just saved the stream straight to a .avi file

2. TV-card on your PC
- You'll be able to record programs with nearly any of the software that comes with the cards and also with windows' media center. Then use a program like Adobe Premier and edit the file.

3.Eurosport from cable/satellite
- If you have digital tuner with a hard drive set up to your tv, just record the show and transfer it to your pc via USB/Firewire. Then edit if necessary.
- VHS: record the show on your VHS recorder. Then you need a graphich card with Video-In -> hook the VHS-recorder to your graphics card and use a program (Windows Movie Maker for example) to capture it and then maybe edit it.

RdBiker said:
If I understood correctly you mean the low-resolution Eurosport network feed? I listed a few options that came to my mind even if you didn't mean the network stream. The best program to edit and make movies would be Adobe Premier but programs like AviSynth and Virtualdub are also great. I converted many of my VHS tapes to DVDs with Virtualdub.
Then I use Azureus to create .torrents but programs like utorrent do the job too.

Depends on what kind of "equipement" you have:
1. Network feed: VLC-player works for that but I haven't had very good experiences using it. I used a pretty good program (googled for "record network stream program") that just saved the stream straight to a .avi file

2. TV-card on your PC
- You'll be able to record programs with nearly any of the software that comes with the cards and also with windows' media center. Then use a program like Adobe Premier and edit the file.

3.Eurosport from cable/satellite
- If you have digital tuner with a hard drive set up to your tv, just record the show and transfer it to your pc via USB/Firewire. Then edit if necessary.
- VHS: record the show on your VHS recorder. Then you need a graphich card with Video-In -> hook the VHS-recorder to your graphics card and use a program (Windows Movie Maker for example) to capture it and then maybe edit it.
Thanks for the detailed explanation RD... now I will slowly decipher what you have written! ;) But VLC does seem to be one excellent application!

RVV is up on torrent sites. I have now progressed a bit and use YouTorrent to do my torrent searches. Excellent! :D Happy PP! :D

Powerful Pete said:
Whoa thanks. That is the best news I hear in quite some time! :cool:
I'm gonna wait a week or two and see how it looks after that. I read from a few old demonoid users, and I agree with them, that there's something odd about the site coming back up again in such a way. It might be that RIAA/MPAA have set up the site and are collecting IPs of people downloading and seeding stuff - of course on the other hand it could as well not be.

Thanks once again RDBiker for your heads up on that. I should be considering these things. I continue to use piratebay, mininova and fr333dom.com for my cycling needs. Seem to be able to get most races within a couple of days of their having been televised and that keeps me happy.

Now I do not know what I will do around Giro and Tour time... :confused: ... watch each stage two days later? :confused:

RdBiker said:
I'm gonna wait a week or two and see how it looks after that. I read from a few old demonoid users, and I agree with them, that there's something odd about the site coming back up again in such a way. It might be that RIAA/MPAA have set up the site and are collecting IPs of people downloading and seeding stuff - of course on the other hand it could as well not be.

Very unlikely scenario. First af all, you don't need to "own" a tracker site to collect IP numbers etc. The bittorrent protocol was never meant as an anonymous p2p protocol, so when you connect to a seeded torrent, one can instantly get the IP's from both the seeder and all other connected clients.

"They" would also need to control the former admin from demonoid since he has given his blessing for the new site and admin.

--
Regards