Road Cycling · Public discussion

Cycling/Racing Rider Categories

Started by kgruell · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,517 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
31 August 2005
Last activity
1 September 2005
Original author
kgruell
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,517
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey all, can someone point me in the right direction in order to find out what kind of rider I am. I know there are different categories/classifications and am curious to find out where I'm at in relation to others. Yes, I'm a little competitive! 🙂 I just finished the Reston Century (104 miles) on Sunday with an avg of 17.5mph. I was hoping to finish higher but the course was quite hilly and well, I'm not in the shape that I'd like to be. 🙂 Last year I finished the Seagull with a 20mph avg, but it's totally flat. Anyway, I'd just like to find out where I sit and how much harder I need to work to bring that avg up. Thanks!

  2. Not sure what you are asking?

  3. kgruell said:

    Hey all, can someone point me in the right direction in order to find out what kind of rider I am. I know there are different categories/classifications and am curious to find out where I'm at in relation to others. Yes, I'm a little competitive! 🙂 I just finished the Reston Century (104 miles) on Sunday with an avg of 17.5mph. I was hoping to finish higher but the course was quite hilly and well, I'm not in the shape that I'd like to be. 🙂 Last year I finished the Seagull with a 20mph avg, but it's totally flat. Anyway, I'd just like to find out where I sit and how much harder I need to work to bring that avg up. Thanks!

    You'll be classified at your first race. In the US, you start in Cat 5, so that's where you're at.

    Cat 1/2 is considered elite.

  4. Go to www.usacycling.org
    That is our United States Cycling Federation.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.