Cycling (racing) Weekly

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MartinM, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
    what's on section? it's all races now. Just when I thought
    non-competitive cycling was getting a foothold (admittedly they have a
    feature on L2B this week)

    Tags:

  2. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    MartinM wrote:
    > When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
    > what's on section?

    They list only Audaxes and club runs on the website. They were listing them
    on paper last time I looked (about a month ago). Maybe they're not being
    submitted?

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > MartinM wrote:
    > > When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
    > > what's on section?

    > They list only Audaxes and club runs on the website. They were listing

    them
    > on paper last time I looked (about a month ago). Maybe they're not being
    > submitted?

    I wondered that but as I've only recently become a regular reader I assumed
    that it was a summer thing and that when there are less races on they would

    Paul F

    ---

  4. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > MartinM wrote:
    > > > When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
    > > > what's on section?

    > > They list only Audaxes and club runs on the website. They were listing

    > them
    > > on paper last time I looked (about a month ago). Maybe they're not being
    > > submitted?
    > >

    > I wondered that but as I've only recently become a regular reader I assumed
    > that it was a summer thing and that when there are less races on they would

    Well actually there are loads of rides on the website, and there were
    loads of non races listed last summer, but the website also has
    adverts, so I will just read that instead and not buy the magazine
    apart from during the Tour ;-)

  5. davek

    davek Guest

    Paul:
    > I wondered that but as I've only recently become a regular reader I

    assumed
    > that it was a summer thing and that when there are less races on they

    would

    I made the same assumption. There's just too much competitive stuff on over
    the summer for them to include everything else as well.

    As for Audaxes, there are better sources of information than Cycling Weekly
    at any time of year. And I presume the same goes for CTC events.

    d.

  6. nik

    nik Guest

  7. MartinM