Cycling (racing) Weekly

MartinM

Guest
When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
what's on section? it's all races now. Just when I thought
non-competitive cycling was getting a foothold (admittedly they have a
feature on L2B this week)

MartinM wrote:
> When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
> what's on section?

They list only Audaxes and club runs on the website. They were listing them
on paper last time I looked (about a month ago). Maybe they're not being
submitted?

"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MartinM wrote:
> > When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
> > what's on section?

> They list only Audaxes and club runs on the website. They were listing

them
> on paper last time I looked (about a month ago). Maybe they're not being
> submitted?

I wondered that but as I've only recently become a regular reader I assumed
that it was a summer thing and that when there are less races on they would

Paul F

---

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > MartinM wrote:
> > > When did the Comic stop listing Audax and other "fun" events in its
> > > what's on section?

> > They list only Audaxes and club runs on the website. They were listing

> them
> > on paper last time I looked (about a month ago). Maybe they're not being
> > submitted?
> >

> I wondered that but as I've only recently become a regular reader I assumed
> that it was a summer thing and that when there are less races on they would

Well actually there are loads of rides on the website, and there were
loads of non races listed last summer, but the website also has
adverts, so I will just read that instead and not buy the magazine
apart from during the Tour ;-)

Paul:
> I wondered that but as I've only recently become a regular reader I

assumed
> that it was a summer thing and that when there are less races on they

would

I made the same assumption. There's just too much competitive stuff on over
the summer for them to include everything else as well.

As for Audaxes, there are better sources of information than Cycling Weekly
at any time of year. And I presume the same goes for CTC events.

d.