Cycling really is becoming a waste of time to watch

greg52

Jul 26, 2007
Does anyone ****ing care anymore about these races? I could care less about the Tour next year.

Cycling on TV is becoming such a waste of time to watch. The winners are always some girly man doped out his ass and the sport continues to embrace it. Do you honestly believe these skinny ***** can race that good in this years Tour legit?

I could care less if the stages are exciting if some retard like Vino or Ras is doping.

Its like watching the entire NFL playoffs and then the Super Bowl is an exhibition. Pointless.

And for all the people who think riders arent doping, you always pull out the same ****ing tired card:

" Well dey havent been caught yet ".

Ever hear of masking agents? Dumbasses.

When a someone dopes, its not like one or two guys run off to a doctor after the stage. The whole team goes and everyone knows about it.

greg52 said:
Does anyone ****ing care anymore about these races? I could care less about the Tour next year.

Cycling on TV is becoming such a waste of time to watch. The winners are always some girly man doped out his ass and the sport continues to embrace it. Do you honestly believe these skinny ***** can race that good in this years Tour legit?

Its like watching the entire NFL playoffs and then the Super Bowl is an exhibition. Pointless.

And for all the people who think riders arent doping, you always pull out the same ****ing tired card:

" Well dey havent been caught yet ".

Ever hear of masking agents? Dumbasses.

When a someone dopes, its not like one or two guys run off to a doctor after the stage. The whole team goes and everyone knows about it.
While I agree about the doping, the reason I care is because I do love watching and participating in the sport.

I really could care less about the doping but removing guys during the race ruined the Tour for me. Especially as I'm pretty convinced the guys who ended up at the top were simply dopers who didn't get caught. It would have been better entertainment with Ras, Vino, Kloden, Kash in the mix.

I didn't see anything after Rasmussen was fired except for highlights of the final sprint on Sportscenter. Just lost interest.

greg52 said:
Superbowl = doped to the eyeballs

Although I lost a tremendous amount of interest when Astana got booted, I still watched. Then, when Chicken got fired, I really felt like this year's tour was a waste of time without a real winner. And in my mind at least, I don't recognize Contador as a legitimate champion at all. The politics during the last week of the tour really spoiled what had otherwise been a really exciting race.

I totally understand people being upset right now and turning away from cycling. Yet, once things settle down and emotions ease, I have no doubt people will be interested again. And those that don't return will be replaced with new fans. this is what I hope.

More than anything, more than any rider or team, it is still the essence of cycling that keeps me on my bike; that keeps me tuned in. Doping sucks. and part of me sort of wants to go back to that ignorance is bliss mentality when the uci looked the other way. how incredible would it have been with jan and ivan! doping will never be eradicated so why not let them just race?

This, of course, is not right. it is very wrong to just give in to deviancy. rules need to be respected. honor must be intact. the pruning must take place. and hopefully, sooner rather than later, we fans will witness the fruits of a cleaner, more judicious victory.

Imagine we're in Xanadu and all 190 riders are tested 365 days a year, and live in coccoons so they can't be passed blood bags or chemicals. Now that's a tour I'd like to watch. Is it ever going to happen?

Crankyfeet said:
Imagine where in Xanadu and all 190 riders are tested 365 days a year, and live in coccoons so they can't be passed blood bags or chemicals. Now that's a tour I'd like to watch. Is it ever going to happen?
could we make it a 'bubble' and they'd have to play Trivial Dispute with George Costanza??

:D

all kidding aside.....will requiring DNA sampling of every rider solve the problem?

will that finally do it...detect attempted masking...detect micro-dosing...results reporting to those who have no interest in shoving any results under the carpet

but how to take the human element out of it so that the 'labs' are pure themselves.

control measures have to be pure and thorough anyway otherwise you throw tons of doubt into any results.

and so far it's been shite. trust the casualty

young riders the new clean generation?
Sinkewitz is 26? what's the 'young' cutoff...25?

Eilert Pilarm said:
young riders the new clean generation?
Sinkewitz is 26? what's the 'young' cutoff...25?
I think this "young" and "old" dichotomy is a bunch of ****. Its really a charade for the media and the average fan. A 25 year old Pro has basically been a top rider for the last 7 years at least. He's probably been even more naively attracted to the doping temptation in a sea of dopers during that period than anyone else.

Crankyfeet said:
I think this "young" and "old" dichotomy is a bunch of ****. Its really a charade for the media and the average fan. A 25 year old Pro has basically been a top rider for the last 7 years at least. He's probably been even more naively attracted to the doping temptation in a sea of dopers during that period than anyone else.
My sister is due to drop a sprog any day now. I don't know the gender but I reckon I could get it ready for a shot at the 2008 Tour. That should be young enough.

Klodifan said:
Although I lost a tremendous amount of interest when Astana got booted, I still watched. Then, when Chicken got fired, I really felt like this year's tour was a waste of time without a real winner. And in my mind at least, I don't recognize Contador as a legitimate champion at all. The politics during the last week of the tour really spoiled what had otherwise been a really exciting race.

I totally understand people being upset right now and turning away from cycling. Yet, once things settle down and emotions ease, I have no doubt people will be interested again. And those that don't return will be replaced with new fans. this is what I hope.

More than anything, more than any rider or team, it is still the essence of cycling that keeps me on my bike; that keeps me tuned in. Doping sucks. and part of me sort of wants to go back to that ignorance is bliss mentality when the uci looked the other way. how incredible would it have been with jan and ivan! doping will never be eradicated so why not let them just race?

This, of course, is not right. it is very wrong to just give in to deviancy. rules need to be respected. honor must be intact. the pruning must take place. and hopefully, sooner rather than later, we fans will witness the fruits of a cleaner, more judicious victory.
Not sure i understand why it would have been a better race with Ullrich & Basso in it. Systematic doping is been beaten in my opinion. There will always be cheats but as long as the percentage is getting less then it can be beaten. Exceptional performances will stand out too much in the future, look at Mayo he was targeted because of his recent resurgence. Vino caught out. The tour was alot cleaner this yr than 2 or 3 yrs ago.