cycling-related names

sinus

New Member
Jul 25, 2004
Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.

I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something related to cycling.

sinus wrote:

> Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins
> recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.
>
> I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something
> related to cycling.
>
> --
> sinus

Maybe Mrs Aitken is a musician. I thought if I had a boy his name would
be Daniel Kadence <insert surname here>. The K was just to be different.
You should give your wife the musical definition and insist it has
nothing to do with cycling. Might not work so well if you want to call
your kid "chainstay".

sinus said:
Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.

I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something related to cycling.

How about Kierin if it's a boy, Madison if it's a girl....

"Shabby" <[email protected]

> sinus Wrote:
> > Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins
> > recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.
> >
> > I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something
> > related to cycling.

> How about Kierin if it's a boy, Madison if it's a girl....

I was going to name my first born Dura-Ace
and his brother RaceFace. Gary Fisher crossed
my mind but then I'd have to change my surname.
Ellsworth if it's a girl or maybe Free Agent?
Iron Horse?

hippy ;-)

hippy <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was going to name my first born Dura-Ace
> and his brother RaceFace. Gary Fisher crossed
> my mind but then I'd have to change my surname.
> Ellsworth if it's a girl or maybe Free Agent?
> Iron Horse?
>
> hippy ;-)

A bit off topic but a friend of mine spent some time in Samoa where
there is still a cargo cult. One family had two sons Fisher and Paykel.

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Shabby" <[email protected]
> >
> > sinus Wrote:
> > > Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins
> > > recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.
> > >
> > > I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something
> > > related to cycling.

> > How about Kierin if it's a boy, Madison if it's a girl....

> I was going to name my first born Dura-Ace
> and his brother RaceFace. Gary Fisher crossed
> my mind but then I'd have to change my surname.
> Ellsworth if it's a girl or maybe Free Agent?
> Iron Horse?
>
> hippy ;-)

This is no joke - my fiance and I will call our dog (we'll get one
when we buy a place and stop renting) Stuart O'Grady. Originally it
was going to be Stuart O'Grady Of Team Credit Agricole, but then he
moved to Cofidis and we just don't think it's got the same ring to it.
Oh yeah, Stuart will be pronounced Stoo-art just like Magnus Backstaed
says it.

Our kids will be called Spokey-Dokey and Wishbone-Stays.

sinus said:
Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.

I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something related to cycling.

I thought that Ewan McEwan was a rather cruel aliterative joke by Robbie.
How about Axel (Axle) Merckx?

"sinus" wrote

> Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins
> recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.
>
> I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something
> related to cycling.

We had a little girl 4 weeks ago. I tried for Cadence, no luck!

Bjay

Cate Blanchett named her baby Dash, so why not Spin? :) Or to be a real geek, why not Kert for a boy (it's Trek backwards).

My current surname started off several years ago as a bike related nickname, something to do with Malvern **** bicycles. Cool, short & kinda cute, much like me. (true!) :D ;) :p

cfsmtb said:
My current surname started off several years ago as a bike related nickname, something to do with Malvern **** bicycles. Cool, short & kinda cute, much like me. (true!) :D ;) :p

hehe. Wasnt the top of the line Malvern Star bike denoted by 5 stars?
(SuzyJ? didnt you research this?)

Shabby said:
How about Kierin if it's a boy, Madison if it's a girl....
They're both nice names, but only cyclists would get it. Everyone else would think you'd chosen those names for other reasons. Keiran is becoming common because of well, obviously Keiran Perkins, and as for Madison - there are so many little girls (0-6yrs old) with that name that its becoming very common.

"ausgirl" <[email protected]

> Shabby Wrote:
> > How about Kierin if it's a boy, Madison if it's a girl....

> They're both nice names, but only cyclists would get it. Everyone else
> would think you'd chosen those names for other reasons. Keiran is
> becoming common because of well, obviously Keiran Perkins, and as for
> Madison - there are so many little girls (0-6yrs old) with that name
> that its becoming very common.

Teampursuit has a nice ring to it..

hippy
- 2hrs on the bike and not enough sugar shows eh?

Bike related nicknames if you are:...

...Slow witted - Link (missing)

...Gay - Campy

...Talkative - Spoke

...A drug dealer - Pedal

...The center of attention - Hub

...Leaving school - Dropout

...A gas station attendent - Pump

...A real cow - Jersey

...Short - Stem

...Weird - Crank

...German - Helm*t

...Crazy - Cyco

...Smooth - Lycra

...A bum - Chamois

...'Armless - Gillet

"Dominic Sansom" <[email protected]
> wrote in message

news:D[email protected]...

> Bike related nicknames if you are:...
> ..Slow witted - Link (missing)
> ..Gay - Campy

<snip>

Give the man a microphone and a stage! :-D
You're not real busy today are ya? ;-)

hippy

I know a couple, both into cycling, who called their kid 'Ryder'. Not kidding.

hippy said:
You're not real busy today are ya? ;-)

hippy

Funnily enough I'm flat out today... but always got time for a "bike related" break.

Here's a few more... Bike related names for a:

...dog... Stay

...pretty girl... Bell

...slippery character... Lube

Dominic Sansom said:
Funnily enough I'm flat out today... but always got time for a "bike related" break.

Here's a few more... Bike related names for a:

...dog... Stay

...pretty girl... Bell

...slippery character... Lube

if you has triplets you would have to call the little one 'Granny'.
How about Captain and Stoker for twins?

sinus <[email protected]> writes:

> Brett Aitken, Olympic gold medallist and Cycle2max guru had twins
> recently, Brianna Rose and Cadence Skye.
>
> I wonder if I can convince my wife to name our next child something
> related to cycling.

Madison is a semipopular girl's name, and Kirin sounds acceptable as
well.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.