Cycling related New York

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Michael Green, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. I have to go to New York (the one in the USA accuracy fans) next month
    for a few days.

    Is there anything cycling related I should do while I'm there?

    Tags:

  2. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    [email protected] (Michael Green) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I have to go to New York (the one in the USA accuracy fans) next month
    > for a few days.
    >
    > Is there anything cycling related I should do while I'm there?

    I can't tell you what to do, but if you read this thread you'll get an idea
    of what *not* to do. <http://tinyurl.com/6tpc8>

    Graeme

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Michael Green wrote:

    > I have to go to New York (the one in the USA accuracy fans) next month
    > for a few days.
    >
    > Is there anything cycling related I should do while I'm there?

    Most of the bike shops are not worth visiting. The weekend cycling in
    Central Park can be quite pleasant in a family cycling sort of way.
    Unless you fancy a challenge, avoid cycling in the city. There are some
    cycleways IIRC down by the Hudson and East Harbor.

    Tony

  4. gemarc

    gemarc New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2004
    I went earlier this year and although very easy, cycling around central park just has to be done,it has a road that goes right round and is often closed to motor traffic and you can watch the "interesting"people of nyc doing their stuff.

    BTW you can also hire (basic) bikes in the park