Cycling routes info

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tenex, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Where are the best websites/other for getting information on cycle routes? Any useful
    publications etc?

    I want to plan a "family" style weekend somewhere (e.g. Peak District) and would appreciate any
    pointers especially to info that indicates the level of fitness required.

    I found a link to the national cycle network but is there anything else?

    Tags:

  2. Simon Geller

    Simon Geller Guest

    Pedalpushers has some route advice pages - mostly around Sheffield but we do venture into the Peak:-

    http://www.pedalpushers.org.uk/route

    Simon

    "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Where are the best websites/other for getting information on cycle routes? Any useful
    > publications etc?
    >
    > I want to plan a "family" style weekend somewhere (e.g. Peak District) and would appreciate any
    > pointers especially to info that indicates the level
    of
    > fitness required.
    >
    > I found a link to the national cycle network but is there anything else?

  3. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Simon Geller wrote:
    > Pedalpushers has some route advice pages - mostly around Sheffield but we do venture into
    > the Peak:-
    >
    > http://www.pedalpushers.org.uk/route
    >
    > Simon

    Thanks.

    The National Cycle website simply lists all the phone #'s for every Council in the country.
    Very useful.