Cycling Shirt - Opinions Wanted!

zachmagnuson

Jun 14, 2011
This is a shirt design that I am working on that may go into production at work. I have spent the last few weeks getting critiques from fellow graphic designers on variations of this shirt design. I realized I wasn't getting anywhere and started talking to folks in my target market (cyclists) and they all said they liked the simplest versions where the bike itself is the featured largely in the design. This fits with my personal design philosophy, but I wanted to get a larger sample size of opinions.

So if you guys could help me out by answering a few questions, I would really appreciate it.

1. Do you like the shirt, overall?
2. Does the wording make a connection for you, do you like it?
3. Would you buy/wear this shirt?
4. What color combo do you like, is there a different color you would prefer?

Thanks again to anyone who responds. As a hobby cyclist, I think we can all agree that the message of the shirt is worthy of being spread to the masses.

Attachments

• LiveBetterProof.png
    LiveBetterProof.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 27
It is OK for a shirt. It would be better if it were a zippered cycling jersey. The wording doesn't really strike a connection with me. I would probably buy one if it was reasonably priced. If you intend for this to be ridden while riding, you might want to have higher visibility colors such as a neon green, red, or yellow so that the riders stand out against the background rather than blending in.

I agree. I happen to like a safety yellow/lime shirt. The color looks funny, but cars all see me.

I thank them all, including cops, /img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.giffor not running me down : )

One website, at least, says that bright clothing is not important.

I, being relatively colorblind, and "bike blind", disagree. Bright neon color grabs my eye;

it seems to work for distracted car drivers, too.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202817415/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
the shirt I got is "XL" marked and cost twenty dollars plus local sales tax, in the store.
Mine has the better-than-shown, type of "segmented" 3-M reflection stripe.
Has a shirt pocket. Top quality construction.
It's nice looking, though the The Home Depot version marked
"XL"is one size too large for this rider, who is lean at 150lb / 5'10".

This sort of shirt can also be gotten online, various sources.
3-M aluminum reflective trim adds greatly to nighttime and dusk visibility. Go for it.

Here, if I had to buy another shirt again, I might try this one, as a for-instance.
http://www.safetydepot.com/TS115-Lime-yellow-tee-shirt-no-stripes-p/ts115.htm
Many size options, but it lacks the reflection material so useful for night-time riding.

"Love your shirt! My husband and I spotted you a block away."

I like to gentle-wash or hand wash the shirt and wear it to dry. Evaporative cooling is cool in summertime.

The shirt is not necessarily supposed to be a riding shirt/jersey. Just a t-shirt for everyday use or maybe casual rides. Would be more likely to buy a brightly colored t-shirt, or is that only important for riding gear?

Zach? I like your idea. It is pro-bicyclist and nice looking.

I do not wear my neon yellow except when on bicycle errands. It's fine, but pretty loud.

You have a good point, Zach. You are talented and also very kind. Thank you, Zach.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback! I think I am ready to move forward with this project, thanks to you all.

Kind of bland in my opinion. I think it would be a lot cooler if you could incorporate the bike into the text. I'll keep my eye open destined for a dollar store near you soon.