cycling shoes for narrow feet?

Ron Bott

Guest
I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?

Thanks in advance-
Ron Bott

On 8 Jul 2004 11:49:08 -0700, Ron Bott wrote:

> I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
> narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
> find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
> are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance-
> Ron Bott

I wound up buying a womens Sidi Genius 3 (coupla years ago). They were
narrower than the mens. My problem isn't so much a narrow fore foot as much
as an extremely narrow heel and ankle.
--
Skuke
Reverse the domain name to send email

Sidi has narrow width shoes that work well for my A width feet. I believe
that the Genuis 4s are the only shoes that come in a narrow width. I'd
suggest trying them on at a LBS so you don't get stuck with shoes that don't
fit. See:

http://www.sidiusa.com/rbs/index.html

My only other suggestion is to get some good insoles as the Sidi insoles are
a bit flimsy. I have custom cycling orthotics that work great.

Alan

"Ron Bott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
> narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
> find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
> are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance-
> Ron Bott

>I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
>narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
>find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
>are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?

My shoe size is 13AAA and that's narrow. Sidi's used to be OK but after the
revolution they changed the last and they no longer fit me. I now wear Rocket 7
custom shoes and they are the single best thing I ever did for my cyucling.
They-well, actually you-take a cast of your feet and in return you get a shoe
with a molded carbon fiber sole that fits!.And they last. Mine are 4 years old.
Expensive but well worth it.
Phil Brown

> My shoe size is 13AAA and that's narrow. Sidi's used to be OK but after
the
> revolution they changed the last and they no longer fit me. I now wear

Rocket 7
> custom shoes and they are the single best thing I ever did for my

cyucling.
> They-well, actually you-take a cast of your feet and in return you get a

shoe
> with a molded carbon fiber sole that fits!.And they last. Mine are 4 years

old.
> Expensive but well worth it.
> Phil Brown

I am *so* tempted to go that route myself, and will probably have to after I
wear out the last of the original Nike Poggios (which were very narrow to
start with and, with an aftermarket insole, actually fit pretty well). I'm
an 11.5 AA, but that's just the width; the reality is that my feet have
considerably less volume than a normal AA foot (they're "thin"
top-to-bottom; as a shoe salesman said a while back, "I can't fit your feet;
you got no meat on 'em!").

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Before you do, take a look at the D2 custom shoes:

www.d2customfootwear.com.

> > My shoe size is 13AAA and that's narrow. Sidi's used to be OK but after

> the
> > revolution they changed the last and they no longer fit me. I now wear

> Rocket 7
> > custom shoes and they are the single best thing I ever did for my

> cyucling.
> > They-well, actually you-take a cast of your feet and in return you get a

> shoe
> > with a molded carbon fiber sole that fits!.And they last. Mine are 4

years
> old.
> > Expensive but well worth it.
> > Phil Brown

> I am *so* tempted to go that route myself, and will probably have to after

> wear out the last of the original Nike Poggios (which were very narrow to
> start with and, with an aftermarket insole, actually fit pretty well).

I'm
> an 11.5 AA, but that's just the width; the reality is that my feet have
> considerably less volume than a normal AA foot (they're "thin"
> top-to-bottom; as a shoe salesman said a while back, "I can't fit your

feet;
> you got no meat on 'em!").
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
>

> Before you do, take a look at the D2 custom shoes:
>
> www.d2customfootwear.com.

Not familiar with them, but they look interesting. What can you tell me?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
IMBA, BikesBelong, NBDA member