Cycling Shoes hurting feet

Lepanini

Jul 7, 2006
Hey all!!

I have just started riding my bike again after a long while.

I bought myself a pair of Specialized carbon shoes that will mould to my feet as my feet are a bit odd (dont ask!:p okay, I am a bit overweight and I have overweight feet!). When I start riding, everything is fine and then after 10-15mins into my ride,my right foot starts to ache on the outer edge my foot. The other foot is fine.

Any advice on this? Could it my position on the bike, position of my cleats, etc..

Any help is appreciated.:)

Lepanini said:
Hey all!!

I have just started riding my bike again after a long while.

I bought myself a pair of Specialized carbon shoes that will mould to my feet as my feet are a bit odd (dont ask!:p okay, I am a bit overweight and I have overweight feet!). When I start riding, everything is fine and then after 10-15mins into my ride,my right foot starts to ache on the outer edge my foot. The other foot is fine.

Any advice on this? Could it my position on the bike, position of my cleats, etc..

Any help is appreciated.:)
Your right shoe is probably too tight.

Try either wearing a thinner sock and/or inserting a thinner (?) footbed liner (if possible).

alfeng said:
Your right shoe is probably too tight.

Try either wearing a thinner sock and/or inserting a thinner (?) footbed liner (if possible).

Yeah I had the same problem. It was a matter of tightening them too much and wearing the right kind of socks. Plus after a while the shoes were broken in, the pain went away.

For sure it's too tight.

I used to have this problem all the time with my hockey skates, and even now I still have it once in a while with my cycling shoes. Just loosen them up a little.

have your foot checked for a callous buildup.

your foot can build up a thick callous on the outer edge. in time this causes pain when pedalling presssure is applied.