Cycling shoes you can walk in?

rainrider

Aug 27, 2005
Is there a shoe/pedal combination that will allow you to walk and manouvre as normal as soon as you step off the bike without having to remove cleats etc?
Cheers,

Go to a well stocked bike store and try ALL of the shoes that feature receeded cleats

Try some rubber covers for your road cleats, just stuff them in your pockets, remove and apply when needed, walk normally and remove when your done. Sometimes I forget to take them off but you can remove them easily with one hand if you get on the bike and take off with them still on. :rolleyes:

rainrider said:
Is there a shoe/pedal combination that will allow you to walk and manouvre as normal as soon as you step off the bike without having to remove cleats etc?
Cheers,

I like my Specialied Mountain Bike Pro cleats. They have 4 versions of them? I can walk perfectly fine with them

rainrider said:
Cheers,
A combination that works for me is the shimano SPD -M520 pedals on both mtb and road bikes, dual entry, not too heavy and a low price. The mtb shoes tend to have rubber grip soles with the mounting position for the cleats recessed to the extent that the cleat is below the level of the tread. The shoes allow non slip even walking, unlike road shoes. I have Nike ACG which have a good reflective heel cover to be seen on the road and firm sole for energy transfer , also Gaerne Rota, light and cool. Recommend both.
See Probike in UK
http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?cat=Pedals&START=0&LIMIT=42
http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?cat=Shoes&START=0&LIMIT=47

rainrider said:
Cheers,
Carnac makes a "Tourismo" shoe line that are designed for riding and walking. I have never seen them in person or tried on a pair. I think they are hard to get a hold of in the USA but you might have better luck in the UK.

rainrider said:
Cheers,
SPD shoes work the best. There strong,fast, and are easy to replace. My cleats have YET to be replaced. :eek: