Cycling Shorts / Bib Recommendations

TTRon

Jun 17, 2004
Hi, Appreciate any recommendations for cycling shorts or bibs that are easy on the butt for 80 to 100 miles. My current pair are giving me saddle inflammation / sores after only 30 miles. I used the cream to no avail. I need a pair that go 100 miles that are comfortable. Thanks for the guidance. Ron

My bibs are Assos and Giordana (Forma Red and Silverline). On my butt, both are equally good. Assos and some of the Giordana stuff is pricey, but both have more economical lines, too. I'm a big fan of Giordana's Silverline series. I've heard good things about the new stuff from Bellwether, one of which is that they're comparatively inexpensive. Likewise, I've not heard much bad re: Gore's kit, either.

Dear Brother,

We are manufacturers & Exporters Of High Quality Cycling Equipments.

We Have high quality & Competitive prices.

We are waiting your Good Response.

Many Thanks With Best Regards.
Sheraz Rafique.

Cyclingequipes said:
Dear Brother, We are manufacturers & Exporters Of High Quality Cycling Equipments. We Have high quality & Competitive prices. We are waiting your Good Response. Many Thanks With Best Regards. Sheraz Rafique.
Translated that means, "We rip off other companies' graphics and put them on the **** that we make. We use the cheapest materials possible while cutting every corner possible. If our product holds up long enough that a few buyers can get it out of the shipping box without our product falling apart, we've done our job."

Originally Posted by alienator .

My bibs are Assos and Giordana (Forma Red and Silverline). On my butt, both are equally good. Assos and some of the Giordana stuff is pricey, Likewise, I've not heard much bad re: Gore's kit, either.
Everything I've ordered by Gore Bike Wear, about 4 different items at different times went straight back (and it's not that I'm terribly picky - I don't remember sending anything else bike-related back).

I've recently got a ~$50 bibs from Wiggle and while I do like my Craft better (at 3x the price), up to 40 miles I can't tell the difference. Not sure how long they will last - after about 5 washes they look fine.

Lidl in Germany have started selling bike stuff, for as little as 7Euros an item... my guess is the it's unspectacular, but quite useable.

Cycling is special and nothing wrong with treating oneself to the best, but the value proposition of the high-end lines may be limited. I've certainly heard rumblings about Rapha quality.