Cycling shorts for men with big balls....

Anonymous

Guest
Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always too tight around my groin,
and suspect that it is because the towling insert to the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do
any manufacturers make shorts without a "drip tray"?

Cheers,

Barney

have one removed...it worked for Lance!

> Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always
too
> tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert
> the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make
shorts
> without a "drip tray"?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Barney

> Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always
too
> tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert
> the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make
shorts
> without a "drip tray"?

Google Brock Bailey.

Sentence-crafter Bill

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:40:58 +0100, "Barney"

>Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always=
too
>tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert=
>the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make =
shorts
>without a "drip tray"?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Barney

Men's bicycling shorts are stupid. The black lycra shorts for road bicyclists are ugly, hot, and too
confining. The baggy shorts for off-road with liners are equally stupid. Something that is trim fit
but stretchy like Sportifs are what is needed.

Suggest that you acquire some Sportif shorts and sew in a saddle patch, available from
Performance Bicycles to get shorts that are stretchy, neat looking. comfortable, and do not look
like an idiot cyclist.

LB

Save yourself time and google: "Brock Baily" balls bike. ; )

news:p[email protected]...

> > Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always
> too
> > tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert
> > the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make
> shorts
> > without a "drip tray"?
>
> Google Brock Bailey.
>
> Sentence-crafter Bill

Two of the best in racing sports this year are geldings. You should explore that option, if it
troubles you so much. Or, did you just want to proclaim on the WWW that you've got big ones?

Steve McDonald

So are women's. They feel like you're wearing a girdle with a sanitary pad! And there isn't much of
a choice for women who are bigger than a size 12.

>Men's bicycling shorts are stupid. The black lycra shorts for road bicyclists are ugly, hot, and
>too confining. The baggy shorts for off-road with liners are equally stupid. Something that is trim
>fit but stretchy like Sportifs are what is needed.

Did you measure to know they're big ones?

And against whom?!?

Will I drive a Kia. My cell phone is a NOkia. I am so confused.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:50:08 -0500, <[email protected]> wrote:

>The baggy shorts for off-road with liners are equally stupid. Something that is trim fit
>butstretchy like Sportifs are what is needed.

Hi LB

I have a few pairs of Shimano off-road style shorts that are reasonably trim in the fit. I use these
shorts for both general trundling around and for longer rides.

They are "trim fit butstretchy". Also, they're quite decent-looking to wear off the bike - they
don't scare the animals, the children or the old ladies. (It's occasionally a little hard to
differenciate between the first two groups!!)

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

In article <WYfVa.1136$nq.761@news-fe1>,

>Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always too tight around my
>groin, ....

Ice cubes. Put a few in your shorts, and it'll shrink 'em. Then the shorts will fit better.

-Pete

LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Did you know that 86% of North Americans cannot taste the difference between
fried dog and fried cat?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:51:29 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:50:08 -0500, <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>The baggy shorts for off-road with liners are equally stupid. Something that is trim fit
>>butstretchy like Sportifs are what is =
needed.

James,

The Shimano shorts you mention sound like some Nikes I bought many years ago but have completely
worn out. They were a stretch twill with an ultra-suede-like lining in the crotch (no padding). Also
had side = pockets and one back pocket and a plastic zippered fly. Nashbar had something similar but
with a terry cloth crotch and side pockets only.

If anyone knows of a source for these kinds of shorts, I'd appreciate knowing about it. TIA

LB

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:51:53 -0500, <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:51:29 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:50:08 -0500, <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> The baggy shorts for off-road with liners are equally stupid. Something that is trim fit
>>> butstretchy like Sportifs are what is needed.

Why? I like mine. They have padding, which is also welcome, but allow me to go into a store without
looking like a total dweeb. I personally can't ride without padded biking shorts -- a hardtail is
hard enough; I need all the help I can get.

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

Originally posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always too tight around my groin,
and suspect that it is because the towling insert to the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do
any manufacturers make shorts without a "drip tray"?

Cheers,

Barney

Barney,
Your post was brought to my attention by a cyclist whom I have helped. We are a small underwear manufacturing company that specializes in workout briefs and jocks with larger pouches. We may have something to help you with comfort options.
Bill

news:[email protected]...