Cycling shorts ok or not?

strava4days

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Hi all, sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to post this, but I'm a male but I found some really cheap bike shorts that I want to buy, but the thing is that they are girls bike shorts:
$_35.JPG

I really don't care what they look like, but since your not supposed to wear underwear under cycling shorts I was wondering if these would be alright to wear since I'm a guy, or if things would go awry, *ahem* down there...

Oh dear, I really don't think ladies cheap bike shorts is a good idea, sorry!
Decent cycling shorts is an investment that will take care of you for a long time.
Inappropriate gear can cause problems you certainly don't want (chaffing, pressure, no support)
Honestly the family jewels are called that for a reason, treat them as such!

Since shorts are protecting anatomy in different ways, I would say wearing opposite sex shorts might not give you the protection you want. As far a shorts, there's a reason they cost so much, well over 100 years of development. If you want to go ride for hours, then invest in a pair of good shorts. Your "Parts" will thank you for it. If the female shorts are really inexpensive, then you could give them a try, but in the long run, do yourself a favor and spring for the best shorts you can get!

At least the ER team won't have to cut the lace off after your crash. Thinking about the breakroom conversations between the orderlies, nurses and interns...

I used to think 'old' and 'not cool' were bad things. Now...not so much.

Bob I was sitting at a bar a while back and noticed they were offering flavored Crown Royal. I knew at that point the country and the world had gone to hell. It's like putting a set of white side walls on a Ferrari, lipstick on the Mona Lisa.

I would feel a bit insecure in multiple ways.
this, this made me laugh.

At least the ER team won't have to cut the lace off after your crash. Thinking about the breakroom conversations between the orderlies, nurses and interns...

I used to think 'old' and 'not cool' were bad things. Now...not so much.

yeah, that's a good point.

Since shorts are protecting anatomy in different ways, I would say wearing opposite sex shorts might not give you the protection you want. As far a shorts, there's a reason they cost so much, well over 100 years of development. If you want to go ride for hours, then invest in a pair of good shorts. Your "Parts" will thank you for it. If the female shorts are really inexpensive, then you could give them a try, but in the long run, do yourself a favor and spring for the best shorts you can get!

thanks for the advice, to be honest that sounds like the smartest things to do, I guess it's like that, saying, if it;s too good to be true, if probably is.

of course im referring to the part about how they're cheap, not that they're ladie's shorts.

JH, I swear...75% of the people that post here are nucking futs.

It's funny you wrote that, as that's pretty much the exact same thing I was thinking when I read the post. Then when I actually scrolled down and saw the picture...well, let's just say I wouldn't be cycling in a pair of ladies shorts with lace around the bottom, put it that way!

Pretty good chance that the OP was a troll, you know. ;)

Anytime I see a stupid post with very low post count I figure it's a troll. Probably the same one who holds the troll king on this site. I'm sure he has quite a few. ;)

In a way I hope they are just a troll because if not, they've got some serious issues that need to be addressed because that would mean that the OP was actually a legitimate question they was asking!

well no actually, I was serious. also I figured that I could also cut off the lace, and that they wouldn't be any different, but as some other

well no actually, I was serious. also I figured that I could also cut off the lace, and that they wouldn't be any different, but as some other

No, just a troll thread. The reason you more than likely didn't post the link is because these shorts are $43 and have no pad. They are a second skin short. Any half intelligent MALE would know he can find men's cycling shorts at a better price with a pad had that really been your goal. Just another troll thread to tickle your own butt with a feather. :rolleyes:

Her's the link. Who would spend $43 on a pair of shorts and cut the lace off saying it's cheaper than finding pair of men's shorts. If you're smart enough to come across these on the net, and smart enough to sign onto Strava, you're smart enough to see there are plenty other men's options all over the net.
https://www.shopbop.com/second-skin...word}&ef_id=VXta4wAAAOVhNyBW:20160113182028:s