cycling shorts vs spinning shorts

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by ladygrinningsoul, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. I bought some Sierra Design cycling shorts recently but it was later brought
    to my attention that they were really "spinning" shorts. Does anyone know
    what the difference is?

    Tags:

  2. Fx199

    Fx199 Guest

    >Subject: cycling shorts vs spinning shorts
    >From: "ladygrinningsoul" [email protected]
    >Date: 9/18/2004 4:10 PM US Eastern Standard Time
    >
    >I bought some Sierra Design cycling shorts recently but it was later brought
    >to my attention that they were really "spinning" shorts. Does anyone know
    >what the difference is?

    Well, why not ask this person why thery were "spinning shorts" and not bike
    shorts.
    Most people wear their regular bike shorts to spin class..
    Short answer I do not think there is such a thing as "spinning shorts"

  3. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Fx199 wrote:
    ||| Subject: cycling shorts vs spinning shorts
    ||| From: "ladygrinningsoul" [email protected]
    ||| Date: 9/18/2004 4:10 PM US Eastern Standard Time
    ||| I bought some Sierra Design cycling shorts recently but it was
    ||| later brought to my attention that they were really "spinning"
    ||| shorts. Does anyone know what the difference is?
    || Well, why not ask this person why thery were "spinning shorts" and
    || not bike shorts.
    || Most people wear their regular bike shorts to spin class..
    || Short answer I do not think there is such a thing as "spinning
    || shorts"

    Some people don't ride bike, they "spin". Hence, those folks think they're
    spinning shorts.

  4. Fx199

    Fx199 Guest

    >Subject: Re: cycling shorts vs spinning shorts
    >From: "Roger Zoul" [email protected]
    >Date: 9/18/2004 5:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time

    >|| Well, why not ask this person why thery were "spinning shorts" and
    >|| not bike shorts.
    >|| Most people wear their regular bike shorts to spin class..
    >|| Short answer I do not think there is such a thing as "spinning
    >|| shorts"
    >
    >Some people don't ride bike, they "spin". Hence, those folks think they're
    >spinning shorts.

    Well Roger, they could be "strutting shorts" for people who shave their legs
    and strut around the house looking at themselves in mirrors.
    I think she was wondering if they were "ok" for bicycling in.

  5. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    ladygrinningsoul wrote:

    > I bought some Sierra Design cycling shorts recently but it was later brought
    > to my attention that they were really "spinning" shorts. Does anyone know
    > what the difference is?

    The Shebeest brand differentiates cycling and spinning shorts by the
    size and thickness of the chamois. The spinning shorts have a
    smaller and thinner chamois, since they expect you to be exercising
    for less time in a spin class than on the road.

  6. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Fx199) writes:

    > Well Roger, they could be "strutting shorts" for people who shave their legs
    > and strut around the house looking at themselves in mirrors.

    "Arnold Layne
    had a strange
    hobby ..."

    Hi, Fabrizio!

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.

  7. Pbwalther

    Pbwalther Guest

    >The Shebeest brand differentiates cycling and spinning shorts by the
    >size and thickness of the chamois. The spinning shorts have a
    >smaller and thinner chamois, since they expect you to be exercising
    >for less time in a spin class than on the road.

    I was wondering if it had something to do with the chamois.

  8. Terry Morse <[email protected]> wrote:
    > The Shebeest brand differentiates cycling and spinning shorts by the
    > size and thickness of the chamois. The spinning shorts have a
    > smaller and thinner chamois, since they expect you to be exercising
    > for less time in a spin class than on the road.

    Yes, I believe you are right. The chamois is quite small and thin.

  9. Missesme

    Missesme New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2012
    I started intense spinfit and bought shorts for this and they are a bit padded. I was advised by the coach leading the class to get spin shorts and the man in the shop knew what i meant and so i bought them, low and behold they are the right ones and plenty of people are familiar with this why are some folk on here with the ridiculous attitude?

  10. Hugh Juunit

    Hugh Juunit Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2012
    Spinning shorts work better in the clothes washer.

    Cheap cycling shorts usually have a pretty thin chamois; its what I wear to spin in. I also use them for swimming; I jump out of the pool, dry off a bit and then hop on the spin bike.

    Triathlon shorts work well too, but are usually more expensive.

  11. alienator

    alienator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2004
    Messages:
    12,596
    What attitude are you talking about? Are you talking about the attitude displayed by some in this thread, when it was active 8 years ago? There is no attitude apparent in any of those old posts.