Cycling Shorts

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Rene 2fun, May 4, 2003.

  1. Rene 2fun

    Rene 2fun Guest

    I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.

    thanks

    Rene

    Tags:

  2. Tbgibb

    Tbgibb Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (RENE 2FUN) writes:

    >I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.

    That's kind of a personal issue. Pearl Izumi has a good following. Sugoi makes a nice short (at
    least I like mine). And one of the most comfortable shorts I've tried are a pair of Colorado Cyclist
    "Techline" shorts (bargain priced at $40). But what works well for me may not work at all for you.

    Tom Gibb <[email protected]

  3. Dave Miles

    Dave Miles Guest

    [email protected] (RENE 2FUN) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Rene

    Try Lusso Coolmax. I find them very comfortable Dave

  4. Bob McBreen

    Bob McBreen Guest

    The best advice that I can give is to try different brands to find the best fit for you, then switch
    to bibs. I find that bibs are much more comfortable than regular shorts.

    "Dave Miles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (RENE 2FUN) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are
    the
    > > most comfortable.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Rene
    >

    > Try Lusso Coolmax. I find them very comfortable Dave

  5. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Bob McBreen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:BlqdneXC- [email protected]:
    > The best advice that I can give is to try different brands to find the best fit for you, then
    > switch to bibs. I find that bibs are much more comfortable than regular shorts.

    Don't know if "Rene" is male or female, but bibs are not very popular with women.

    I agree that you should try different brands to see which you like the best.

  6. RENE 2FUN wrote:

    > I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Rene

    This is a personal fit issue, just like saddles. I prefer Castelli.

    Barry

  7. Bob McBreen

    Bob McBreen Guest

    You are right. I made the assumption that Rene was a man, and you know what they say about people
    who assume things...

    If Rene is a women, she might want to try a one piece suit. They make one piece suits for women that
    are not the super tight skinsuits, and I know a lot of women who swear by them.

  8. [email protected] (RENE 2FUN) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.

    I wear Pearl Izumis. If you are putting a lot of miles in the saddle, it is worth spending the bucks
    on shorts. However, the top of the line is not worth the $$$, at least to this tuchis. I buy second
    to the top of the line, and am very satisfied.

    I think though, which shorts are the most comfy is really a personal matter -- what works for me,
    might not work for you.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
    http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

  9. Mark Wolfe

    Mark Wolfe Guest

    Whatever you decide on, go with a bib style. No wasteband digging into you.

    --
    Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
    8C71 <Halfjack> Ah the joys of festival + Gutenburg project. I can now have Moby Dick read to me by