Cycling Shorts

Rene 2fun

Guest
I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.

thanks

Rene

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (RENE 2FUN) writes:

>I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.

That's kind of a personal issue. Pearl Izumi has a good following. Sugoi makes a nice short (at
least I like mine). And one of the most comfortable shorts I've tried are a pair of Colorado Cyclist
"Techline" shorts (bargain priced at $40). But what works well for me may not work at all for you.

Tom Gibb <[email protected]

[email protected] (RENE 2FUN) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.
>
> thanks
>
> Rene

Try Lusso Coolmax. I find them very comfortable Dave

The best advice that I can give is to try different brands to find the best fit for you, then switch
to bibs. I find that bibs are much more comfortable than regular shorts.

news:[email protected]...

"Bob McBreen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:BlqdneXC- [email protected]:
> The best advice that I can give is to try different brands to find the best fit for you, then
> switch to bibs. I find that bibs are much more comfortable than regular shorts.

Don't know if "Rene" is male or female, but bibs are not very popular with women.

I agree that you should try different brands to see which you like the best.

RENE 2FUN wrote:

> I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.
>
> thanks
>
> Rene

This is a personal fit issue, just like saddles. I prefer Castelli.

Barry

You are right. I made the assumption that Rene was a man, and you know what they say about people
who assume things...

If Rene is a women, she might want to try a one piece suit. They make one piece suits for women that
are not the super tight skinsuits, and I know a lot of women who swear by them.

"Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Bob McBreen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:BlqdneXC- [email protected]:
> > The best advice that I can give is to try different brands to find the
best
> > fit for you, then switch to bibs. I find that bibs are much more comfortable than regular
> > shorts.
>
> Don't know if "Rene" is male or female, but bibs are not very popular with women.
>
> I agree that you should try different brands to see which you like the
best.

[email protected] (RENE 2FUN) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I just got a new road bike and I would like to know what bike shorts are the most comfortable.

I wear Pearl Izumis. If you are putting a lot of miles in the saddle, it is worth spending the bucks
on shorts. However, the top of the line is not worth the $$$, at least to this tuchis. I buy second
to the top of the line, and am very satisfied.

I think though, which shorts are the most comfy is really a personal matter -- what works for me,
might not work for you.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Whatever you decide on, go with a bib style. No wasteband digging into you.

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
8C71 <Halfjack> Ah the joys of festival + Gutenburg project. I can now have Moby **** read to me by