Cycling Snobbery

Thanks! I made Al so life-like that lots of folks think he's actually alive.

CAMPYBOB said:
Always struck me as being as alive as a cigar store Indian. :lol:

I thought that Tipper was kinda hot, for a chubbette.

Tipper is the devil - what she did with the PRMC back in day was so anti-American. It's called the first amendment and some of us that we're willing to fight and die for this country believe in it. It want way beyond the parental advisory stickers/label. We're talking outright censorship via blacklisting.

The only thing I give her points for is leaving that even bigger communist douchebag AL.

I bet she can't ride a bike either.

Being a fellow Tennessean I must say that you have no right to run AL down , that is reserved for me and the rest of the state since we have first dibs on him. Besides he invented the internet all except for the ****. Myself and Campy Bob are presently in a legal battle to see which of us gets credit for **** sites.

His own state did vote for him for POTUS as I recall. From a non-aligned perspective, I gotta tell you, Al Gore, douchebag. George W. Bush, douchebag. All of them, our great and glorious political leaders, basically, douchebags.

I'm much happier being totally ignorant of what is going on in the world. Someone said something the other day to me about Baltimore being trashed by rioters, I was completely unaware. And I don't give a ****. I like it that way.

But since we now know who is responsible for the Internet, Campybob, why the **** can't you fix the damned thing? You made it, you fix it. You know what pisses me off about the Internet - not the crazy web content, the bizarre sites, the weirdos from every corner of the planet doing God knows what. I can tolerate that.

No, Campybob, you need to answer for this particular crime - why in the **** can't my stupid online banking site EVER read my checks right when I try to do a deposit by phone? Really, should I have to try 3, 4, 5 times just to get one frickin' check deposited? - I could drive the mile and a half to the damned bank in the same amount of time.

Je t'accuse, Campybob, Je t'accuse. :p

Bad memory. Tennessee did not vote for him. He lost in his own state since we knew him already.

Sorry JHuskey, I knew that, meant to say did not vote for him. What can I say? A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Quote by mpre53
"I thought that Tipper was kinda hot, for a chubbette."

I would have hit that like a retard on a hurricane with a drum set in a submarine with a screen door. I would have wrecked that lacquered hair and left her wet and wanting more. She have come crawling to me as I punched the ballot for 'R' and sent her back to her arrogant, smug, sissified husband.

Wanna see how smart Al is? From his days in 'Nam (God bless him for serving, even if he was REMF.).

al_Gore_VietnamImage1-vi.jpg

Yeah...no magazine, 'probably' a clear chamber...BUT!...There are RULES! All firearms are loaded, all the time! Never, EVER point a weapon at anything you aren't intended to shoot or destroy.

That's two of the four violated right there...the ones that generally get a man deaded. On. The. Spot.

In the heat of a battle you can toss out a rule or two. Adjusting a sling? Oy Vey! The stooped is strong with comrade Al and his ditz of a wife.

Want a good read? Go Google up Frank Zappa's testimony before Congress and Tipper. Frank put Tipper in a very deep hole.

Quote by MBB:
"why in the **** can't my stupid online banking site EVER read my checks right when I try to do a deposit by phone?"

You use shimaNO stuff, so I'm guessing you have an iPotato.

Ditch the Apple **** and go Droid. Seriously. Those check scanning machines are a direct derivative of a Di2 sprint shifter's interface with a Flite Deck. Old school DOS-based **** even Bill Gates couldn't give away to H-P.

Hey! Don't blame me! I have priorities to consider! I got to keep all the pron sites up and running, broseph! First things, first!

CAMPYBOB said:
He does a great job for the environment, but I still can't recall having seen him in top of a bike?

Sunflogun said:
He does a great job for the environment, but I still can't recall having seen him in top of a bike?

Sure does living the simple life and only consuming as much electricity as a small city.

Wow I did not realise just how many cycling snobs and aspiring cycling snobs there were around. Makes me very ashamed of my bargain shop bike and riding when I feel like it, not every single day!

Yes, Campy, I do, it's true ... I have an iPhone. But it's just a 5 - I don't want a phone any bigger than this one, it is tough to get in and out of a pocket at times. The 6's are even bigger, and some of the phones out there are fricking ridiculous, almost the size of an iPad or a Microsoft Surface.

An iPhone and Shimano - I feel so inadequate.

Quote by MBB:
"An iPhone and Shimano - I feel so inadequate."

Me, too. I confess...my last FOUR bikes have only been Chorusline Campy (not counting the shitmaNO Emonda...which I categorically deny owning!). And my phone is so out of date Alexander Graham Bell is the voice on it.

CAMPYBOB said:
And my phone is so out of date Alexander Graham Bell is the voice on it.
Remember the old days when all you could do on a phone was make phone calls? Black with a rotary dial? And phone numbers that started with words ... "Empire 6 - 4-2-0-9"? And you had to ask the operator to assist to make an international call, or sometimes even just a long-distance call?

Damn, I'm old .. I kinda remember some of that when I was really young.

Yeah, I grew up in a house that was on a party line. Black Western-Electric Bakelite telephone with operator service.

That's why I'm a snob now...I can haz wireless phone with camera just like a Somali pirate snob.

Way back about 1973 or 1974 a buddy was riding the drillium Gitane he hastily assembled for a ride and he popped an outer link plate on the chain. With a borrowed-from-a-farmer screwdriver and a rock we popped the chain back together. Today...one guy pulls up a YouTube video on how to fix it, another buys a chain tool on Amazon via 1/2-hour drone delivery, a third whips out the blue nitrile gloves and antimicrobial hand wash and the fourth guy calls a movbile repair service off the Mobile Yellow Pages app.

Clairelouise84 said:
Wow I did not realise just how many cycling snobs and aspiring cycling snobs there were around. Makes me very ashamed of my bargain shop bike and riding when I feel like it, not every single day!
I didn't choose the snob life, the snob life chose me.