Cycling Socks ?

Bro Deal said:
The black is nice when you get caught in the rain. White socks turn an impossible to wash out gray from all the grime that gets kicked up by the front wheel when its raining.

+1

I wore my favorite pair of white CoolMax socks for the North Fork Century last year, where it wound up pouring heavily from mile 30 to mile 70. I still haven't been able to get those socks looking remotely clean.

Bob Ross said:
+1

I wore my favorite pair of white CoolMax socks for the North Fork Century last year, where it wound up pouring heavily from mile 30 to mile 70. I still haven't been able to get those socks looking remotely clean.
White is my favourite too, I know what you mean road grime is nasty with grease and other gunk blending into it. I use a nappy soak it seems to get most grime out. at least 95%

CyclistNYC said:
What kind of cycling socks are the best and where to buy them in NYC?>
I don't buy "cycling" socks, they usually want too much for them, being specially for cycling and all.

Best socks: get either wool or synthetic socks. Make sure there's no cotton in them at all, cotton is bad.
-And wool doesn't work for me personally.
Get only the socks with a tighter, finer weave of the fabric--stay away from the loosely-knitted "rag" socks.

Where to get: I order mine off zappos.com because no place local ever has x-large sizes on hand, and most local retailers aren't set up to accept "special orders".
~