Cycling socks

a1086528

Sep 17, 2004
what advantages do cycling specific socks have over normal sport socks? and do you think they are worth the extra cash. thanks

In my opinion and use of them, they do a better job at keeping your feet dry (and a little cooler) when you sweat a lot. I use Defeet socks for riding as well as everyday use. You can usually find them on sale at places where they'll have 3 pair for $15 or something like that. I once got six pairs off ebay for about $20 or so. In the end, I think they are definitely worth it. If your feet aren't comfortable, then you won't be either.

a1086528 said:
what advantages do cycling specific socks have over normal sport socks? and do you think they are worth the extra cash. thanks
If you've ever gotten "hot feet" on a ride you'll wish you were wearing cycling socks. They keep your feet drier by wicking away moisture and cooler by allowing them to breathe. No cushioning to speak of, just a wrap of fabric between you and your shoes. Wear them once and you'll be getting enough pairs for every ride.