Cycling software/websites - what would you like to see in one?

cormac!

Jan 19, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm a software engineer, and cycling enthusiast. I've googled around for various logging/statting software, websites, etc, and I must say, nothing has really impressed me yet.

Cyclistats seems to be good, but is outdated and also TOO feature-rich, and sort of overwhelming at times. I would be interested in making some very useful cycling software.

So my question is:
What would you like to see in a cycling application/website?

All suggestions welcome. I think in 2008 a standalone application is pointless, internet access is everywhere, so it should probably be a web based application.

All the usual would be included; logging, statistics, graphs, etc. What else though?

Also, what sites/application do you guys currently use? Anyone here want to be part of this?

Thanks,
Cormac

cormac! said:
All the usual would be included; logging, statistics, graphs, etc. What else though?

Also, what sites/application do you guys currently use? Anyone here want to be part of this?
Web wise it's pretty much covered at http://www.bikejournal.com. I prefer standalone applications so wrote my own (which I'll expand for triathlon use as that's where my interest lies).

/k