cycling teams

G Stone

New Member
Feb 17, 2004
just wondering if anyone could help me?

Im looking at coming over to the uk to do some racing for 6months and if anyone knows of any teams there interested in bringing over a u/23 rider from NZ to race?

Or any contacts that could put me onto a couple of teams or people that could help

Many thanks

British Cycling's web site is at

http://www.bcf.uk.com/

Lots of contact information there.

If he wan't to try out time trialling over here, see

http://www.ctt.org.uk/

for lots of information on time trialling in the UK.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers, helen s

p.s. If at anytime in Norfolk, CC Breckland have club
events on a Wednesday evening, which non-club members
can do, so if your U23 wanted some time trial
training, he'd be welcome, I'm sure. I could email
you details if you wanted.

p.p.s. In August there's the Mildenhall Cycle Rally which
has lots of grass track racing.

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
is switched off--

> p.s. If at anytime in Norfolk, CC Breckland have club
> events on a Wednesday evening, which non-club members
> can do, so if your U23 wanted some time trial
> training, he'd be welcome, I'm sure. I could email
> you details if you wanted.

And our club "10" is every Thursday in Gloucestershire
(although I'm in Swindon RC, Swindon Borough Council
have installed so many traffic lights that running a TT
is now impossible). Although it's not in Norfolk, it's
still flat ;-)

That's 10 miles, btw, not km.

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:00:47 +0100, Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
>
>> p.s. If at anytime in Norfolk, CC Breckland have club
>> events on a Wednesday evening, which non-club
>> members can do, so if your U23 wanted some time
>> trial training, he'd be welcome, I'm sure. I could
>> email you details if you wanted.
>
> And our club "10" is every Thursday in Gloucestershire
> (although I'm in Swindon RC, Swindon Borough Council have
> installed so many traffic lights that running a TT is now
> impossible). Although it's not in Norfolk, it's still
> flat ;-)
>
> That's 10 miles, btw, not km.

I think the OP is talking about himself. If you google for
stone cycling site:nz you find a lot of references to Graeme
Stone, who's a hot U23 rider there. I guess he's looking for
a team that will pay his flight for him.

Evans Cycles runs a race team and supports 30 or so riders.
That may be a place to start.

www.evanscycles.com
--
Michael MacClancy Random putdown - "He had delusions of
adequacy." - Walter Kerr www.macclancy.demon.co.uk

Michael MacClancy wrote:

>On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:00:47 +0100, Zog The
>Undeniable wrote:
>

>>dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
>>

>>>p.s. If at anytime in Norfolk, CC Breckland have club
>>> events on a Wednesday evening, which non-club
>>> members can do, so if your U23 wanted some time
>>> trial training, he'd be welcome, I'm sure. I could
>>> email you details if you wanted.
>>>

>>And our club "10" is every Thursday in Gloucestershire
>>(although I'm in Swindon RC, Swindon Borough Council have
>>installed so many traffic lights that running a TT is now
>>impossible). Although it's not in Norfolk, it's still
>>flat ;-)
>>
>>That's 10 miles, btw, not km.
>>

>I think the OP is talking about himself. If you google for
>stone cycling site:nz you find a lot of references to
>Graeme Stone, who's a hot U23 rider there. I guess he's
>looking for a team that will pay his flight for him.
>
>Evans Cycles runs a race team and supports 30 or so riders.
>That may be a place to start.
>
>www.evanscycles.com

or Pinarello RT Team Persil Angliasport Planet X etc, check
out www.bcf.uk.com which may lead you to contact details