Cycling technology

rajbrades

Mar 14, 2005
Hi all,

I'm doing some research into new cycling technologies and would appreciate any feedback you have.
If there was one piece of technology that would increase efficiency, make it safer, or simply more enjoyable, what would it be? There are no boundaries for this, so let your ideas flow....
Thanks in advance..

rajbrades said:
Hi all,

I'm doing some research into new cycling technologies and would appreciate any feedback you have.
If there was one piece of technology that would increase efficiency, make it safer, or simply more enjoyable, what would it be? There are no boundaries for this, so let your ideas flow....
Thanks in advance..
OK, since I'm not getting much of a response I'll throw a couple of ideas out there.
1. Dooring prevention - works sort of like sonar between a parked vehicle and objects in proximity approaching the rear of the vehicle above a threshold velocity. There would be a mechanism to prevent the driver/passenger from opening their door if a collision was detected.
2. Personal media center - wireless MP3; use of bone-conduction technology for transmission of audio from LCD display (mounted on handlebars). This LCD could also incorporate other various technologies (ie. Bluetooth for cell-phone, GPS, etc.)

Please give me your thoughts on these ideas. For example: would you use them? What would make it better, etc.

Thanks again