Cycling- The Dangers

spindrift wrote:

> I mean, does it get pleasure from ruining forums about subjects it has
> no interest in?

Apparently, so you're rather playing into his hand here, aren't you?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

spindrift wrote:

> I mean, does it get pleasure from ruining forums about subjects it has
> no interest in?

That's the whole concept of trolling.

Tony

spindrift wrote:
> " Or it could be that the viewpoint is wrong and potentially
> damaging."
>
> Or it could be that the ABD member and defender of killer drivers
> trollb has its inane,

You seem to have confused me, via my "pet name" here with someone who is
a member of the ABD and who defends killer drivers.

You must use a perverse definition of the word "defend" to arrive at
that conclusion... Or can you cite even one example to illustrate your
assertion?

If you you look back you'll see that practically everything I write is
about ways and means of making our roads safer, and challenges to biased
and bigoted interpretations of statistics, court reports, and news items.

> ill-informed and asinine views

That characterises your posts to a tee.

> attacked so often
> because it's a proven liar

Only by you - and although you often write it you are unable to support it.

> who deliberately disrupts this board

What "board"? _I've_ never posted to any "board". All I post is to usenet.

> by
> asking the same question over and over and over again

List them.

> or spamming
> threads with multiple posts minutes after each other- see below.

Eh? Do you mean that I am passionate about reducing the death toll on
our roads, and am not afraid to criticise current ill-conceived and
failed methods.

Your problem seems to be that you would rather criminalise and punish
millions of motorists for trivial victimless offences than reduce the
danger on our roads. You are blind to all the evidence that shows that
what you post is generally wrong, and attempt crude smears of those who
challenge your nonsense.

You trawl-up old, bigoted, preconceived and frankly erroneous snippets
of information and present them, out-of-context and with your own spin,
as if you have uncovered some previously concealed gem, and proceed to
pour bile on anyone and everyone who challenges your prejudiced assertions.

--
Matt B

spindrift wrote:
> "The units he uses for comparisons - risk per kilometre - are the
> same
> units that received so much derision here (mainly from you IIRC)
> when,
> by using them, it was shown that cyclists pose more of a risk to
> pedestrians than white van men do in urban streets."
>
> A bare faced lie.

Not at all. Look up the record.

_you_ wrote of a comparison of the risk to pedestrians posed by cyclists
and vans, based on distance travelled: "This conveniently ignores the
very different exposure to pedestrians of each mode..."

So you'll agree that if you applied the same logic to your proclamation
that "...as a means of transport walking is more dangerous that cycle"
you should be criticising the data, not repeating the claim.

Now, could it possibly be that your "interpretation" of reports is
coloured by whether they support your preconceived view, or whether they
contradict it??? Surely not ;-)

--
Matt B

"That's the whole concept of trolling. "

That's why it keeps on and on and on asking the same questions.

Or posting "Got a source for that?" after every single freaking post.

Or lying about the TFL research over and over and over even after
Howard had corrected it.

Is it a masochist, deliberately remaining where it is plainly unwanted?

> Is it a masochist, deliberately remaining where it is plainly unwanted?

No, it's a sadist and gets pleasure from other people's frustration. It
also gets pleasure from interaction with other people. It's also shown no
ability to learn. Everyone should ignore it.

Tony Raven twisted the electrons to say:
> Because as no doubt TrollB and his sidekick Another Troll There is One
> You Know will be along to inform you, their presence parked there is no
> evidence of their having illegally driving in the cycle lane - they
> could have legally levitated into position ;-)

Given (IIRC) TrollB's position on using disabled parking bays when not a
disabled driver, surely he would argue it was okay to drive/park in a
cyclelane provided you wheren't actually running any cyclists over at
that particular moment in time?

Ian Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:40:23 +0100, marc <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Martin Dann wrote:
>>> I note that the cyclists have ignored the mandatory cycle lane on
>>> page 355 ;-)

>> It's not a mandatory cycle lane, at least I can't see I sign to say
>> that it is, the white line is solid meaning

> .. meaning that it IS a mandatory cycle lane. That's what a solid
> line means - that it's a mandatory lane. If it's not a mandatory
> lane, it has a broken line.
>
>> but nothing says that the cyclists should be

> Eh? Whether a cycle lane is a mandatory one or not has no bearing on
> cyclists in teh vicinity. Your comment appears to be a non-sequitur.

Ian, you /are/ cruel - it wasn't a "non sequitur", but a
misunderstanding of the terminology.

It is obvious that "marc" thought, as is common in other parts of the
world, that the "mandatory", as in "mandatory cycle lane", meant that
cyclists were obliged to use it, and that a road sign was required to
convey that meaning. What he also didn't realise was that a solid line
defines a "mandatory cycle lane" here, or that the presence of the solid
line alone does not mean that motorists cannot drive or park in the lane.

--
Matt B