cycling the mediterranean

caitlinlh

Apr 18, 2010
Hello!

my boyfriend and i are planning to cycle from spain/portugal (still undecided) to italy in the fall. we are pretty new to cycling and expect to spend 3-ish hours a day on our bikes, giving ourselves three months to complete the trip.

we are early in the planning phase, but i wonder if anyone has any advice when setting out on such a big trip? to camp or not to camp? how many KMs a day is reasonable? how to find the best cycling routes within spain, france, and italy?

any/all feedback is welcome.

cheers.

caitlinlh said:
Hello!

my boyfriend and i are planning to cycle from spain/portugal (still undecided) to italy in the fall. we are pretty new to cycling and expect to spend 3-ish hours a day on our bikes, giving ourselves three months to complete the trip.

we are early in the planning phase, but i wonder if anyone has any advice when setting out on such a big trip? to camp or not to camp? how many KMs a day is reasonable? how to find the best cycling routes within spain, france, and italy?

any/all feedback is welcome.

cheers.
What the heck guys? No feedback for her in 3 months? Goodness. Camping is a great way to save money, and in my opinion, much more fun, though it is a bit more work. I've found it rather hard to find free cycling maps, so I usually use Google maps street view to check roads along the path I'm thinking of taking. I imagine you could go 50 km without too much trouble, though I'm not sure how hilly your route will be. Good luck! Hope you read this lol.