valentine44

Mar 11, 2011
Some good general tips;

Spin @ 80-110 RPM

Drink before you're thirsty to avoid dehydration

Eat to Fuel your body
Rubbish post removed! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Randy Bosma .

Google translation from an Asian language, I suspect....

Yep most likely, that second last paragraph is a shocker! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Originally Posted by coneofsilence .

I wouldn't do that to my Actress cycling pants with a stressed leg

Newbies should avoid reading this thread /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

I think that the meal is the most important part. Cycling burns a lot of calories and that is why it is highly recommend to take a high-calorie meal before your cycling session. You should stay away from unhealthy junk food but you will eat the healthy high calorie foods. If you don't like to eat food before your cycling session, I would recommend you to take energy drinks or energy bars.

I think that the meal is the most important part. Cycling burns a lot of calories and that is why it is highly recommend to take a high-calorie meal before your cycling session. You should stay away from unhealthy junk food but you will eat the healthy high calorie foods. If you don't like to eat food before your cycling session, I would recommend you to take energy drinks or energy bars.
Water is also important. During your cycling session, you should always keep your body hydrated. It is one of the most important things. For this, you can carry a bottle with you. I know that everyone carries the bottle to keep themselves hydrated. The most important thing is to drink it regularly. So, if you drink it regularly, you will get the required level of hydration that your body needs.

I agree with @warrengeb and @neednoexcuse. I am not an expert when it comes to fitness but I believe that same as any other exercise or fitness regimen, one needs to have a good healthy meal and be well-hydrated before beginning his/her cycling routine. It is an activity that requires a lot of effort that's why it can also drain us off our energy if we don't start with the right meal and proper hydration. :)

Well, for beginners I would suggest not to put too much stress on your first go. Try to enjoy the experience first. Then after some time try to improve the distance and time you spent cycling. Thereby, increasing first you stamina and endurance.

For cycling beginners, you must always prepare healthy meals. Take those energy-boosting foods. They are helpful to improve stamina. You must also do a regular cardio-vascular exercise as well as other exercises to improve your strength and endurance. You can also reach out to cycling instructors to be fully guided.

Always wear helmet and other safety gears to keep you protected from danger. Remember you're hitting the road, anything could happen and we don't want to get in trouble.

Actually, just be careful and like what they said, always wear your helmet. stay away from the middle of the road, follow the traffic sign and don't push your self, just step by step. Drive safely and focus to the road.

Yes, it is also really important to use helmet for head's cover and protection.
There are lots of safety tips. You just need to be aware and responsible enough as a cycler.

Water is also important. During your cycling session, you should always keep your body hydrated. It is one of the most important things. For this, you can carry a bottle with you. I know that everyone carries the bottle to keep themselves hydrated. The most important thing is to drink it regularly. So, if you drink it regularly, you will get the required level of hydration that your body needs.
I agree with you. Water is important also together with the right meal since that's what we primarily need for energy boosting. As we sweat, we lose more than just fluid.

Even if I had been riding for a long time, I still consider myself a beginner until now since I only ride for health reasons. When I go around the village, I don't bring anything except my phone although sometimes I just leave it at home since our village is not that big and I can even walk home if I got a flat tire. And whenever I get thirsty, I give it a priority. Get a drink in a store or go home for a cold drink. Allowing the body to continue with the rigors of riding when you are thirsty is an abuse that may result in something serious. Especially during summer, dehydration is always a possibility.

Even if I had been riding for a long time, I still consider myself a beginner until now since I only ride for health reasons. When I go around the village, I don't bring anything except my phone although sometimes I just leave it at home since our village is not that big and I can even walk home if I got a flat tire. And whenever I get thirsty, I give it a priority. Get a drink in a store or go home for a cold drink. Allowing the body to continue with the rigors of riding when you are thirsty is an abuse that may result in something serious. Especially during summer, dehydration is always a possibility.

Yeah, don't neglect thirst since dehydration could be a serious problem especially for beginners, which could make biking so hard for them to actually consider quitting when the problem is simply just not drinking enough water. Always have a water bottle with you so you don't have to spend or look for a place which sells drinks.

Reactions: Corzhens
Any newbie watching this, please bring water with you! Avoid getting dehydrated and faint in the middle of the road. Eat some light meal but full of energy before riding, like an oatmeal smoothie, or a fruit salad. Use lightweight clothes, or the proper ones according to weather, and apply sunscreen. Wait until you gain some experience before cycling on wet/rainy road, you don't know how slippy it gets. Always bring company while possible, specially if you're going to a lonely road, you don't want to be alone if you have an emergency.

Always hydrate yourself when going out for a ride, always bring your favorite rehydration drink, I always carry with me a liter of lemon infused water when cycling. Also bring some energy bars, I always have a couple of Snickers energy bars but when I'm out, I settle for regular Snickers.

Did a PSA TV spot a few years back for State of New Mexico. Hired an animator from the Simpson's TV show to animate a brain riding a BMX bike. The Ramones (Marky) were kind enough to provide 'Teenage Lobotomy' for free! Spot was targeted at young kids. CHECK it out:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-IIdXPriOw