cycling to Dublin Airport

mark

Guest
Does anyone have firsthand experience cycling from Dublin Airport to
Dublin (Rathfarnham, actually) and back? I'm told that "old airport
road" (Swords Rd/R132?) is cyclable, but it might be nice to know what
I'm getting into.

TIA,

mark

mark wrote:
> Does anyone have firsthand experience cycling from Dublin Airport to
> Dublin (Rathfarnham, actually) and back? I'm told that "old airport
> road" (Swords Rd/R132?) is cyclable, but it might be nice to know what
> I'm getting into.

Yes, the R132 is perfectly cyclable. After a few miles you join the N1
into the centre of Dublin. They were doing a lot of road-building around
this junction when I passed by a year ago, and I somehow missed the N1.
I expect it's easier now.

Bob

PS I hope you're packing waterproofs.

On 24 Jan, 21:12, mark <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have firsthand experience cycling from Dublin Airport to
> Dublin (Rathfarnham, actually) and back? I'm told that "old airport
> road" (Swords Rd/R132?) is cyclable, but it might be nice to know what
> I'm getting into.
>
> TIA,
>
> mark

Mark,

Not done it for about 8 years, but when I lived in Dublin, I used
cycle out by the airport from near rathfarnham (rathgar) regularly.
When you exit the terminal, turn right, and go about 100 yards on
foot. that will save you following the airport grounds one-way car
loop. When you start cycling, follow the same line, and you'll exit
the airport by the long term car park.

Nothing too exciting on the route; but it shouldn't be a problem.

M.

[email protected] wrote:
> On 24 Jan, 21:12, mark <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Does anyone have firsthand experience cycling from Dublin Airport to
>> Dublin (Rathfarnham, actually) and back? I'm told that "old airport
>> road" (Swords Rd/R132?) is cyclable, but it might be nice to know what
>> I'm getting into.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> mark

> Mark,
>
> Not done it for about 8 years, but when I lived in Dublin, I used
> cycle out by the airport from near rathfarnham (rathgar) regularly.
> When you exit the terminal, turn right, and go about 100 yards on
> foot. that will save you following the airport grounds one-way car
> loop. When you start cycling, follow the same line, and you'll exit
> the airport by the long term car park.
>
> Nothing too exciting on the route; but it shouldn't be a problem.
>
> M.

Thanks for the info, I'll remember that.

mark