Cycling tour from Switzerland to Luxembourg along Rhein and Mosel

norwegian_biker

Feb 26, 2006
Hello.

A friend and I are planning to cycle from Zürich to Koblenz along the river Rhein and then to Luxembourg along the river Mosel. We have never been in that area before, and are not experienced bike tourers. We have a few questions we would like to ask yo guys:

1. Is it nice there?
2. Is it easy to cycle there?
3. where can we find cycle maps over the area?
4. Are Michelin any good for bikers? And if so, on which type of roads is it possible to ride? we are using thin-wheeled-racing bikes.
5. Is it easy to find lodgings along the way?

Just one answer to any of the questions would have been great.

thank you.

norwegian_biker said:
Hello.

A friend and I are planning to cycle from Zürich to Koblenz along the river Rhein and then to Luxembourg along the river Mosel. We have never been in that area before, and are not experienced bike tourers. We have a few questions we would like to ask yo guys:

1. Is it nice there?
2. Is it easy to cycle there?
3. where can we find cycle maps over the area?
4. Are Michelin any good for bikers? And if so, on which type of roads is it possible to ride? we are using thin-wheeled-racing bikes.
5. Is it easy to find lodgings along the way?

Just one answer to any of the questions would have been great.

thank you.

Check out www.geocities.com/xilios/index.html I did passed through there last summer the other way though, I hope it helps some.
As for some of your questions, it's easy and very nice cycling along the rhein. Michelin maps are the best (1:200.000) and you can find them in any book store. I got them as I went along.
There are roads along the rivers but on the rhein there are sections of unpaved tracks, it's easy to get off and find a country road that passes through the little villages, great riding.
I camped all the way so I can't help you there, there are many hotels, B&B's etc. but I dont know any prices.
Cheers and safe travels :)