cycling trainer suggestion

Packerbacker

Jun 14, 2011
HI well winter isnt but about 2 months away and it's time for me to think about a cycling trainer I see several out there for 300 + $ yikes but Ill spend what I have too. I ride a mt bike on back country roads alot of hills and I do long distances what would you recommend on a trainer? Im not going to depend just on this I plan on taking up cross country skiing as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated tnx

I've been thoroughly pleased with the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. Its more expensive than others, but I have only heard good things about them. Definitely worth the money in my mind.

I've experienced with indoor trainers you get what you pay for. Me, I bought the Sunlight F-2 trainer. Very low end trainer for around 100 bucks. For a guy that like me that just wants to be able to keep my wheels spinning over the winter it does just what it needs to. And like any other trainer the noise varies depending on whether you're riding knobby tyres or slicks. The F-2 is very minimalistic but does come with an additional quick release skewer for easy compatibility. All in all I get what I need from it. Hope you find what works for you. http://www.amazon.com/Forza-F-2-Trainer/dp/B000YOCHQ2

-Zach