Cycling.tv and their annoying ad!!

Chance3290

Oct 1, 2004
I love cycling.tv. If I get home too late to ride, I can put the computer in front of the trainer. But lately, just as I getting into pedaling, this loud annoying voice says: "Congratulations. You have won a free apple Iphone."
This happens once or twice every few minutes.
Anyone else having this problem? I don't mind the ads, if its just pictures, but I don't want to hear an ad that repeats every few minutes.

Chance3290 said:
I love cycling.tv. If I get home too late to ride, I can put the computer in front of the trainer. But lately, just as I getting into pedaling, this loud annoying voice says: "Congratulations. You have won a free apple Iphone."
This happens once or twice every few minutes.
Anyone else having this problem? I don't mind the ads, if its just pictures, but I don't want to hear an ad that repeats every few minutes.
I had that too. It's pretty annoying and really the weakness is with the browser. To play that ad sound, they require you to allow active-x controls. To watch cycling.tv, you need the same. No browser I know of can allow you to allow a particular plug-in from a website and not another, if you could you could turn off that dumb advertisement (and be less susceptible to spyware).

This time I counted. The average is one ad every 1.25 minutes. But the problem is that they might come one right after the other, than nothing for ten minutes. And again, the volume of the ad is twice that of the volume of the race commentators.

We are very, very sorry about this advert. It sholuld nothave been on and it took us over three weeks to find the source of this advert. This was due to a very reputable sports advert supplier in the USA selling on ad inventory and an unscrupulous supplier getting this ad in expressly against our policy, wishes and desires.

It was finallyytracked downa nd it should be removed immediately.

Our apologies, if it was annoying for you i can assure you it was far worse for us. i hope we have nailed this now.

Cycling TV said:
We are very, very sorry about this advert. It sholuld nothave been on and it took us over three weeks to find the source of this advert. This was due to a very reputable sports advert supplier in the USA selling on ad inventory and an unscrupulous supplier getting this ad in expressly against our policy, wishes and desires.

It was finallyytracked downa nd it should be removed immediately.

Our apologies, if it was annoying for you i can assure you it was far worse for us. i hope we have nailed this now.
I hope this is really cycling.tv. If it is, thank you for listening to your users and taking care of this (we'll see on stage 10 of course).

Also, thank you for the 400K feed. Cycling really needs more of this, I think it'll only be good for promoting the sport and making it more popular to let people tune in and check out why this sport's so exciting!

It sure is Cycling TV, it the President of Cycling TV. I think it is safe to say that we have the same aim as our users. Carry the best professional cycling as we can, make as much of it free as possible, offer the users choice for subscriptions so they can buy really high quality and try to runa service that we ourselves would watch and that adults with income should pay to watch and that children and anyone can get on free if they so wish. We run two screens because users can watch two races or read and watch at the same time. Two windows can be unpopular but the user beenfits are amazing.

Given the cost of delivering it and the righst fees involved we think our subscriptions are awesoime value. You get every bike race live and on demand practically for the price of a couple of DVDs. Over 130 days live for only aboput $100 a year. And 90% of that is free at lower quality. We also appreciate the support our users give to ouradvertisers, they deserve it. We think they make many of the best products in the market and in many cases for sure the absolute best.

We have disabled all pop up ads on our ourchannel, except this anoying third party advert which was daisy chained in. Our banner ad servers all denied it was there advert and it really was a complex matter to remove it. We all get angry when things do not work how we think they should or expect them to and when our users are upset or unhappy i can assure you we try to fix it and fast.

donrhummy said:
I hope this is really cycling.tv. If it is, thank you for listening to your users and taking care of this (we'll see on stage 10 of course).

Also, thank you for the 400K feed. Cycling really needs more of this, I think it'll only be good for promoting the sport and making it more popular to let people tune in and check out why this sport's so exciting!

Cycling TV said:
It sure is Cycling TV, it the President of Cycling TV. I think it is safe to say that we have the same aim as our users. Carry the best professional cycling as we can, make as much of it free as possible, offer the users choice for subscriptions so they can buy really high quality and try to runa service that we ourselves would watch and that adults with income should pay to watch and that children and anyone can get on free if they so wish. We run two screens because users can watch two races or read and watch at the same time. Two windows can be unpopular but the user beenfits are amazing.

Given the cost of delivering it and the righst fees involved we think our subscriptions are awesoime value. You get every bike race live and on demand practically for the price of a couple of DVDs. Over 130 days live for only aboput $100 a year. And 90% of that is free at lower quality. We also appreciate the support our users give to ouradvertisers, they deserve it. We think they make many of the best products in the market and in many cases for sure the absolute best.

We have disabled all pop up ads on our ourchannel, except this anoying third party advert which was daisy chained in. Our banner ad servers all denied it was there advert and it really was a complex matter to remove it. We all get angry when things do not work how we think they should or expect them to and when our users are upset or unhappy i can assure you we try to fix it and fast.
Well got bad news for you, got the annoying iphone ad again morning.

Yeah I switched on the Swiss Tour today and heard it again this morning. But I've been watching another stage now and, so far, no ads.

Cyclint TV, Thank you for the attention and thanks for a great website.

Chance3290 said:
Yeah I switched on the Swiss Tour today and heard it again this morning. But I've been watching another stage now and, so far, no ads.
THEY'RE BACK!!! cycling tv, you said you were working on the iPod ad, I believe you may have gotten that one. But the same voice is also telling me I won an iPhone and and i-Something or other. I believe these are separate ads.

snood, I've tried Firefox, I can't seem to use the fullscreen mode with Firefox. And it kept sputtering out. I guess there is no pleasing me.

Cycling TV, any advice?

Chance3290 said:
THEY'RE BACK!!! cycling tv, you said you were working on the iPod ad, I believe you may have gotten that one. But the same voice is also telling me I won an iPhone and and i-Something or other. I believe these are separate ads.
Yep, it's back for me as well. Cycling.tv, PLEASE try and fix this!

Chance3290 said:
snood, I've tried Firefox, I can't seem to use the fullscreen mode with Firefox. And it kept sputtering out. I guess there is no pleasing me.

QUOTE]

Double click on the playing video for full screen.

cycling.tv has answered quickly to my complaints and said they are having trouble removing the ads.

snood, thanks for the advice. D'oh, why didn't I think of that one. The simplest things on a computer can dumbfound me. Now the only problem with firefox is that, so far, I can't pause, fast forward or rewind. Am I missing something else? Anyway, this is much better than those damn ads.

Chance3290 said:
cycling.tv has answered quickly to my complaints and said they are having trouble removing the ads.

snood, thanks for the advice. D'oh, why didn't I think of that one. The simplest things on a computer can dumbfound me. Now the only problem with firefox is that, so far, I can't pause, fast forward or rewind. Am I missing something else? Anyway, this is much better than those damn ads.
I can only pause, ff and rw in full screen mode.

Thanks again, snood. I'm on the regular server and so far today, no ads. Its a whole lot nicer this way.