Cycling.tv Ventoux coverage

Bret

Guest
I bought a cycling.tv membership last night so that I could watch the
Ventoux coverage today. It was better than I expected. A small but
clear picture. The commentators were decent. One of them quickly
identified Leipheimer as one of the strongest in the ten man chase
group even though he'd done nothing but follow wheels to that point.
When Leipheimer forced the final selection, he then correctly picked
Menchov as the favorite to win the stage. Nothing too amazing, but good
insightful commentary. And as much as I like Phil, Paul and Bob, it was
nice to have a change of pace.

There's are also some interesting archives on the cycling.tv site. I
watched Roger Hammond win the British Cyclocross title last night.

Bret

"Bret" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I bought a cycling.tv membership last night so that I could watch the
> Ventoux coverage today. It was better than I expected. A small but
> clear picture. The commentators were decent. One of them quickly
> identified Leipheimer as one of the strongest in the ten man chase
> group even though he'd done nothing but follow wheels to that point.
> When Leipheimer forced the final selection, he then correctly picked
> Menchov as the favorite to win the stage. Nothing too amazing, but good
> insightful commentary. And as much as I like Phil, Paul and Bob, it was
> nice to have a change of pace.
>
> There's are also some interesting archives on the cycling.tv site. I
> watched Roger Hammond win the British Cyclocross title last night.
>
> Bret

Get yourself an S-Video cable and run the feed through your
television....43" Samsung HDTV...YEAH!

Cat

Cat Dailey wrote:
> "Bret" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >I bought a cycling.tv membership last night so that I could watch the
> > Ventoux coverage today. It was better than I expected. A small but
> > clear picture. The commentators were decent. One of them quickly
> > identified Leipheimer as one of the strongest in the ten man chase
> > group even though he'd done nothing but follow wheels to that point.
> > When Leipheimer forced the final selection, he then correctly picked
> > Menchov as the favorite to win the stage. Nothing too amazing, but good
> > insightful commentary. And as much as I like Phil, Paul and Bob, it was
> > nice to have a change of pace.
> >
> > There's are also some interesting archives on the cycling.tv site. I
> > watched Roger Hammond win the British Cyclocross title last night.
> >
> > Bret
> >

> Get yourself an S-Video cable and run the feed through your
> television....43" Samsung HDTV...YEAH!
>
> Cat

I'll have to try that some time but can't right now because I don't
have a TV. We're renovating half of the duplex we live in, so we moved
next door to ourselves and didn't bring a TV. All I have is a laptop
that I'm using to pirate my own wireless network through the wall.
Every morning I walk next door and steal my own paper. It's all very
confusing.

Bret

Bret

Bret wrote:
> I bought a cycling.tv membership last night so that I could watch the
> Ventoux coverage today.

Your lucky, they are no longer showing the DL on terrestrial in France,
instead you get some guys hitting a ball to and fro with some tennis
bats. Not what I call sport.

"davidof" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news: [email protected]...
> Bret wrote:
>> I bought a cycling.tv membership last night so that I could watch the
>> Ventoux coverage today.

> Your lucky, they are no longer showing the DL on terrestrial in France,
> instead you get some guys hitting a ball to and fro with some tennis bats.
> Not what I call sport.

And cycling.tv doesn't let you watch the DL if you live in France.
Velo-Fascists.

Bret wrote:

> I'll have to try that some time but can't right now because I don't
> have a TV. We're renovating half of the duplex we live in, so we moved
> next door to ourselves and didn't bring a TV. All I have is a laptop
> that I'm using to pirate my own wireless network through the wall.
> Every morning I walk next door and steal my own paper. It's all very
> confusing.
>
> Bret
>
> Bret

Ummmmm, okay, let me see if I've got this straight. You moved next
door to yourself, steal from yourself, and two different Brets signed
your post....

Your meds ran out, didn't they? ;)