Cycling underwear

Hieronymus

Guest
Hello, I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and
can be worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants. I used to
buy them at the local Gart Sports but they no longer carry them or have them on their website. I
found them at performance .com. However, I am not happy with Performance's service - if anyone here
knows of another website for the underwear, please tell me. ( The first order with Performance had
missing items and was a hassle to get them to send the stuff. The second order was advertised on
their website. They wrote and told me the advertised special items were no longer available and 'you
may order another item.' Unfortunately, I discovered there were no other items like the ones I
ordered. So, I cancelled the whole order.) Thank You, Hieronymus Yeats

"Hieronymus" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:
> I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
> be worn under regular walking shorts

Try your local bike shop. Most have something. Many clothing companies make them. I've seen them
from Castelli, Pearl Izumi, Cannondale and others.

Ken

"Hieronymus" <[email protected]> writes:

> I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
> be worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants. I used to
> buy them at the local Gart Sports but they no longer carry them or have them on their website. I
> found them at performance .com. However, I am not happy with Performance's service - if anyone
> here knows of another website for the underwear, please tell me.

Colorado Cyclist carries Andiamo Padded Briefs and Skins.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/

Follow the links to "Clothing, Shoes, Helmets, Eyewear" then to "Layering/Underwear".

--
Michael Fuhr http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:35:56 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, "Hieronymus"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
> be worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants.

performance bicycle and nashbar have 'em in their catalogs.

"Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
> > I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
> > be worn under regular walking shorts
>
> Try your local bike shop. Most have something. Many clothing companies
make
> them. I've seen them from Castelli, Pearl Izumi, Cannondale and others.
>
> Ken

The reason I am looking on the internet is because, none of the lbs have them.
H. Yeats

"Dennis P. Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:35:56 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, "Hieronymus"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has
> > chamois in them and can be worn under regular walking shorts or, I
suppose
> > if you wanted to, worn under pants.
>
> performance bicycle and nashbar have 'em in their catalogs.

Thank your for your reply. Yes, I found them at Nashbar and they look nice and I like Nashbar. I
came here to se if anyone could suggest a site I have not found or company I have not seen. You know
how it goes - a week of internet searching because the local lbs does not have the item. And just
when one thinks he has found all the sites someone suggests an newer and better one.
H. Yeats

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
rec.bicycles.misc Sent: Wednesday, 02 April, 2003 08:40 Subject: Re: Cycling underwear

However, I am not happy with Performance's service - if anyone here knows of another website for the
underwear, please tell me. ( The first order with Performance had missing items and was a hassle to
get them to send the stuff. The second order was advertised on their website. They wrote and told me
the advertised special items were no longer available and 'you may order another item.'
Unfortunately, I discovered there were no other items like the ones I ordered. So, I cancelled the
whole order.) Thank You, Hieronymus Yeats

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
rec.bicycles.misc Sent: Wednesday, 02 April, 2003 08:40 Subject: Re: Cycling underwear

| Thank your for your reply. Yes, I found them at Nashbar and they look
nice
| and I like Nashbar. I came here to se if anyone could suggest a site I
have
| not found or company I have not seen. You know how it goes - a week of internet searching because
| the local lbs does not have the item. And just when one thinks he has found all the sites someone
| suggests an newer and better one.
| H. Yeats

Performance, the Walmart of bicycle supply, has owned and operated Nashbar for several years. The
product line, pricing, and service level, all for better or worse, seem quite similar.

With regards to cycling underwear, possibly the best thing, certainly the highest quality pad, might
be a good pair of coolmax/lycra riding shorts underneath. The Andiamo shorts are padded, but with a
thinner fabric pad. ED3

In article <[email protected]>, Hieronymus
<[email protected]> wrote:
>I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can be
>worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants.

Wouldn't any tight fitting cycling shorts work for wearing under pants, or any loose fitting shorts
that are long enough?

Timothy J. Lee Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome. No warranty of any kind is
provided with this message.