Cycling underwear

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hieronymus, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Hieronymus

    Hieronymus Guest

    Hello, I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and
    can be worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants. I used to
    buy them at the local Gart Sports but they no longer carry them or have them on their website. I
    found them at performance .com. However, I am not happy with Performance's service - if anyone here
    knows of another website for the underwear, please tell me. ( The first order with Performance had
    missing items and was a hassle to get them to send the stuff. The second order was advertised on
    their website. They wrote and told me the advertised special items were no longer available and 'you
    may order another item.' Unfortunately, I discovered there were no other items like the ones I
    ordered. So, I cancelled the whole order.) Thank You, Hieronymus Yeats

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:
    > I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
    > be worn under regular walking shorts

    Try your local bike shop. Most have something. Many clothing companies make them. I've seen them
    from Castelli, Pearl Izumi, Cannondale and others.

    Ken

  3. Michael Fuhr

    Michael Fuhr Guest

    "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> writes:

    > I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
    > be worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants. I used to
    > buy them at the local Gart Sports but they no longer carry them or have them on their website. I
    > found them at performance .com. However, I am not happy with Performance's service - if anyone
    > here knows of another website for the underwear, please tell me.

    Colorado Cyclist carries Andiamo Padded Briefs and Skins.

    http://www.coloradocyclist.com/

    Follow the links to "Clothing, Shoes, Helmets, Eyewear" then to "Layering/Underwear".

    --
    Michael Fuhr http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

  4. On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:35:56 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, "Hieronymus"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
    > be worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants.

    performance bicycle and nashbar have 'em in their catalogs.

  5. Hieronymus

    Hieronymus Guest

    snippage..

    > Colorado Cyclist carries Andiamo Padded Briefs and Skins.
    >
    > http://www.coloradocyclist.com/
    >
    > Follow the links to "Clothing, Shoes, Helmets, Eyewear" then to "Layering/Underwear".
    >
    > --
    > Michael Fuhr http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/
    Thank you for this website. I had not found it in my searches.
    H. Yeats

  6. Hieronymus

    Hieronymus Guest

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    > > I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can
    > > be worn under regular walking shorts
    >
    > Try your local bike shop. Most have something. Many clothing companies
    make
    > them. I've seen them from Castelli, Pearl Izumi, Cannondale and others.
    >
    > Ken

    The reason I am looking on the internet is because, none of the lbs have them.
    H. Yeats

  7. Hieronymus

    Hieronymus Guest

    "Dennis P. Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:35:56 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, "Hieronymus"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has
    > > chamois in them and can be worn under regular walking shorts or, I
    suppose
    > > if you wanted to, worn under pants.
    >
    > performance bicycle and nashbar have 'em in their catalogs.

    Thank your for your reply. Yes, I found them at Nashbar and they look nice and I like Nashbar. I
    came here to se if anyone could suggest a site I have not found or company I have not seen. You know
    how it goes - a week of internet searching because the local lbs does not have the item. And just
    when one thinks he has found all the sites someone suggests an newer and better one.
    H. Yeats

  8. Edward Dike

    Edward Dike Guest

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    rec.bicycles.misc Sent: Wednesday, 02 April, 2003 08:40 Subject: Re: Cycling underwear

    However, I am not happy with Performance's service - if anyone here knows of another website for the
    underwear, please tell me. ( The first order with Performance had missing items and was a hassle to
    get them to send the stuff. The second order was advertised on their website. They wrote and told me
    the advertised special items were no longer available and 'you may order another item.'
    Unfortunately, I discovered there were no other items like the ones I ordered. So, I cancelled the
    whole order.) Thank You, Hieronymus Yeats

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hieronymus" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    rec.bicycles.misc Sent: Wednesday, 02 April, 2003 08:40 Subject: Re: Cycling underwear

    | Thank your for your reply. Yes, I found them at Nashbar and they look
    nice
    | and I like Nashbar. I came here to se if anyone could suggest a site I
    have
    | not found or company I have not seen. You know how it goes - a week of internet searching because
    | the local lbs does not have the item. And just when one thinks he has found all the sites someone
    | suggests an newer and better one.
    | H. Yeats

    Performance, the Walmart of bicycle supply, has owned and operated Nashbar for several years. The
    product line, pricing, and service level, all for better or worse, seem quite similar.

    With regards to cycling underwear, possibly the best thing, certainly the highest quality pad, might
    be a good pair of coolmax/lycra riding shorts underneath. The Andiamo shorts are padded, but with a
    thinner fabric pad. ED3

  9. In article <[email protected]>, Hieronymus
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I am looking for some cycling underwear. The kind I am looking for has a chamois in them and can be
    >worn under regular walking shorts or, I suppose if you wanted to, worn under pants.

    Wouldn't any tight fitting cycling shorts work for wearing under pants, or any loose fitting shorts
    that are long enough?

    Timothy J. Lee Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome. No warranty of any kind is
    provided with this message.